Army ration packs £3.50

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Yeah much better than the ones they sell in field and trek - £5 for a single meal - madness!

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Noticed this today as well, it was only last week I'd bought 10 off them for £4.50 a pop!!

The other thing was they sent me 10 of the same menu....grrrr.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
dommyracer said:
....The other thing was they sent me 10 of the same menu....grrrr.
did you ask them for a mix?? when i ordered a box of 10 they did me a mix of 4, 3 and 3 from the 3 menus they had in stock..though the chap on the phone said they usually only do full boxes, or 5 and 5.. ;)
though even at £4.50 each it seems a good price compared to other sellers

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I didn't specifically ask for a mix, I ordered off the net and kinda assumed they would think people wouldn't want 10 of the same menu. Silly me, they just pulled a Big box of D menus off the shelf and sent it to me. To be fair though, I quite like the menu I got and I'm usually never out for more than 2 nights.

It is a bloody good price. I would order more but I don't have anywhere to put them.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Are they in tins or current issue? Current issue being boil in the bag.
I believe the tinned ones are getting past their best now as they are so old with the exception of 10 man packs which come in tins ( i think ) .
If so i might get a few .

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
scottishwolf said:
Just noticed that www.genuinearmysurplus.co.uk is doing british army ration packs for only £3.50, makes a hell of a change from the usual tenner. Always handy to have a few stashed away.

As always, I have no connection etc, just a happy customer :)

Hello SW,

Thanks for the 'heads-up', just ordered some more, hoping that they won't be Menu G (don't like chocky pudding).

Best regards,
Paul.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
just spoken to genuine army surplus.

They do not do "mix" boxes but they can do 2x5 per box. Bit of a luck dip which.

I'm going to Darlo after New Year and are going to get a couple of packs - so if there is enough interest I'd be happy to 1 or 2 boxes (2 would = 4 menus). Sadly no veggie ones.

Due to the cost of delivery on a £3.50 item it is not really cost effective to post them around the country - but I'm happy to deliver in the West(ish) Yorkshire area in return for a cup of tea.

scouser4life

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2006
liverpool
hello, i have just recieve 10, they all seem to be out of date :confused: :confused: :confused: Has anyone else experienced this?

Some of the are close to four years out of date :( :(

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
They usually have a packing date, not a use before date.

I wouldn't be worried if it's 4 years old.

cronos

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2005
Norfolk
The date on the side of the box is the packing date of the box.
The date on the boil in the bags is the the date Wayfarers (spelling?) processed and packed the meals into the bags.

The rations packs have a five year shelf life from the packing date on the box until they need to got rid of.

Cronos

scouser4life

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2006
liverpool
cronos said:
The date on the side of the box is the packing date of the box.
The date on the boil in the bags is the the date Wayfarers (spelling?) processed and packed the meals into the bags.

The rations packs have a five year shelf life from the packing date on the box until they need to got rid of.

Cronos

Oh, so that must be why they are on sale to get rid of them :rolleyes:

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
Blimey - just look on theie website and they are doing a really good deal on Nanok sleeping bags: -

"SPECIAL OFFER NANOK SLEEPING BAGS:

NANOK ENDURANCE -10 BAG NOW £69.99!!

NANOK ENDURANCE 0 BAG NOW £49.99!!

LIMITED QUANTITYS!!!"

Fantastic price!!

Phil.

Phil, where have you been all these months? :D

By the way, if you look at the page for the Nanok bags, you’ll notice that the Endurance -10º bag is not illustrated.

Best regards,
Paul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE