Arktis heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
A mate of mine heard that Arktis has gone into liquidation or that they have been bought out by some other company.
I don't know how true this is but he is in a job that would hear this sort of news.
Happy trails...torc.

bivouac

Forager
Jan 30, 2010
Three Counties
I just rang Arktis and a very nice lady assured me that you friend is mistaken. They are very much still in business and have not been taken over. Unfortunately, it's becoming increasingly common for investment companies to buy up a company in order to obtain the brand name & then close down the UK part & get the stuff made on the cheap abroad to increase their profit margins. Let's hope they continue to leave Arktis alone.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
Well that's a relief then, thanks. Their kit is usualy top quality and it would be a shame if they went.
It's just a rumour going around my mates work place.
It can't be easy these days for gucci kit suppliers what with the improvements to issue gear.
Happy trails...torc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE