Are there any proper army surplus stores left in the UK ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
While I'm sure Endicotts is a great shop, I prefer to go into a surplus shop and have a rummage :D
online is ok if you know exactly what you are after, but nothing beats the thrill of discovering that "perfect" piece of kit that you never knew you always needed :D

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
While I'm sure Endicotts is a great shop, I prefer to go into a surplus shop and have a rummage :D
online is ok if you know exactly what you are after, but nothing beats the thrill of discovering that "perfect" piece of kit that you never knew you always needed :D

Endicotts is definately a 'go in and rummage' shop ;) - the website's fairly recent and is a work-in-progress, but they're only a half hour drive from me and very helpful

leon-1

If you are ever down here mate you'll have to pop in there, Paul and Kev are really good guys. As you say Surplus shops should be a case of a good rummage about sort of place and you get that with Endicott's. If you can't find it then ask, it really wouldn't surprise me if Kev pulled out Alexander the greats battle helm saying something like "well I've only got the one of these, but I have got a number of Julius Ceasar's Toga's out the back, one is in a right terrible state, holes all over it and stained".:D

A

appletree_man

Appletree man, wheres the one in Glasgow ?

Theres a army shop in the street beside tron theatre( i think, if not its very close) im not sure if its a surplus shop but defonatly army.

Do you mean the Treasure Bunker on King Street ? That's mostly collectors items, badges, WWII helmets, Nazi stuff, etc.

There's Clearwater on old Argyle Street. Adventure1 in Dundas Street is ok but not really a surplus shop, mostly new stuff.

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
For those that live in Surrey / North Hampshire, there's "Andy's Armoury" on Beacon Hill Road at Beacon Hill, Hindhead. Small shop stuffed to the rafters with genuine military surplus.

No connection with owner, just bought and sold a few things there over the years.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
We have a good one in Haverfordwest indoor market for those of you from Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire or Ceredigion. I can't remember its name but its packed to the rafters aswell and the girl who owns it is very helpful if your looking for something in particular, if they don't have it she will do her best to get hold of it for you!
They have a website aswell, I'm at work at the moment but I'll get the name and website address and post it tomorrow.

There is also a pretty good one in the old garage in Sarnau, Ceridigion.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
We have a good one in Haverfordwest indoor market for those of you from Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire or Ceredigion. I can't remember its name but its packed to the rafters aswell and the girl who owns it is very helpful if your looking for something in particular, if they don't have it she will do her best to get hold of it for you!
They have a website aswell, I'm at work at the moment but I'll get the name and website address and post it tomorrow.

There is also a pretty good one in the old garage in Sarnau, Ceridigion.

Brewers Army Surplus??

Risclean

Forager
Feb 28, 2007
North Highlands
There's a list of online shops in this thread -

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21911

Since then I have bought from Luton Army Surplus and Blue n Green, Luton seemed pretty good - good prices and helpful. Blue n Green on the other hand were not very well organised or helpful, personally I wouldn't bother again.

There does seem to be a lot less shops nowadays, there's none in Inverness or Aberdeen for example.

Risclean

Forager
Feb 28, 2007
North Highlands
Denbigh Army Surplus - full set of OG PLCE webbing for £25, a bargain.

" Some out of the way Scotish Highland/Isles, Ireland and Non UK Mainland Postal Codes may incur a charge of £14.50" that's one of the highest surcharges I've ever seen - they're taking the **** :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
In Glasgow, there' s a guy in the Barras runs army surplus, and it can be a rummage :rolleyes: go down Moncur Street past Bill's Tool Store and it's on the right just at the entrance to the stalls in the big warehouse. There's another at Blochcairn, go through the main entrance and turn right along the front of the warehouses and he's usually set up along on the left. He had IPK kits last time I was in, 2 for a fiver :)

Another vote for the Lanark store though.

cheers,
Toddy

Boon

Oct 10, 2007
lincolnshire
there is one just on the outskirts of boston, will get the name next time i pass. they do mail order as well. this is the kind of place thats got everything in it you just have to look. even has ww2 aircraft gun turret and a 1960's coms truck outside.

Boon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE