The Covid19 Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Some bloke was arrested in a shop in Bridport, caught lifting his mask, licking his fingers and wiping them on food items. It beggars belief.

I have a feeling we may well be headed for full lockdown with yesterday’s and today’s crowds. Another arrest yesterday was people having a barbecue on Hove Beach. The fine weather is supposed to last into the week which means the idiots will go out.

Unreal isn't it.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
( Mods - I will understand if you delete/remove the Video link But i would ask exactly WHY you would do so ? )
[/QUOTE]
Well , that is polite and civil isn't it... again , please don't assume and read the above.
The very fact you posted that clip is wholly inexcusable, and I have reported it as I hope others have. If they haven't, it says a lot about the membership of this forum.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
( Mods - I will understand if you delete/remove the Video link But i would ask exactly WHY you would do so ? )

The very fact you posted that clip is wholly inexcusable, and I have reported it as I hope others have.
[/QUOTE]

According to you. Do you not have anything to actually say about the related substance of the video rather than the person.?

Reactions: santaman2000

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Most businesses here in the village have closed. Some forever, I imagine.
I can get really good take away food for the nights at the weekend.

I have a volunteer shopper with my info and grocery list, delivered inside my front door.

I can go out and about by myself, as much as I please, just as long as I do everything alone.
By myself. So that's been my average day for years.

Major trash run to the dump today some time. Expect 3-4 black bin bags.
Then I'll make the jump to light speed and watch a Star Wars movie.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

The very fact you posted that clip is wholly inexcusable, and I have reported it as I hope others have. If they haven't, it says a lot about the membership of this forum.
[/QUOTE]

What’s wholly inexcusable is a relative newcomer suggesting a long time member and contributor such as Teedee go elsewhere. Many of us on here have had disagreements with one another before. Often verging on hostile (grateful here for the mods keeping it within reason) That said, I can’t remember anyone ever suggesting our opposing sides should go elsewhere. You’ve certainly reset the bar.

Reactions: Herman30 and Robbi

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Oh, come on guys, take a step back. That's why the rules say no politics and, TeeDee, that video is political - I won't even start to discuss why. I value your contributions to this forum but I think it was an error of judgement to post it and I wish now that I had never posted my comment about some sectors of society behaving badly; it was all going so well before that.

We are, of course, just following normal incarcerated behaviour - starts off with lots of banter and friendly, then it starts to get concerning and even supportive but, before long, it leads to arguments and falling out. The problem with a forum society is that it can't all end with a little bit of fisticuffs followed by a good few drinks and laughter all around :)

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
By eck!
Life here is quiet by comparison - I go for my daily walk or cycle, do my "homework" for work and post the odd item...
There are some folk out there "following the rules" but there are the normal number of prats either taking advantage or disregarding the new "norms" inc a certain Scottish lady who REALLY should know better),while folk die from stupidity/ignorance or even egotism.
Are Brits taking it all seriously? As per norm, some do, some don't....
Some will live, some will die - that is how it goes crisis or none.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

What’s wholly inexcusable is a relative newcomer suggesting a long time member and contributor such as Teedee go elsewhere. Many of us on here have had disagreements with one another before. Often verging on hostile (grateful here for the mods keeping it within reason) That said, I can’t remember anyone ever suggesting our opposing sides should go elsewhere. You’ve certainly reset the bar.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Santaman2000 , I do appreciate the comments and words of support but time served ( i have been fairly absent for the last few years to be fair ) shouldn't mean ( I believe ) I'm given any more consideration or merit over a relative 'newcomer' point of view - debates or arguments or to be honest just different opposing points of view or perspective that CAN be rationally discussed or explored and most importantly respected.

I genuinely feel sorry that Deekin has chosen to leave the forum , as I've found him interesting and incredibly helpful elsewhere on different topics being discussed so i wish he would reconsider and return.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
who was it said Americans don't get irony ?
let the mods decide. This is my last post on this forum anyway.

Chill out Deeks, no need for a flounce. :D. As said, you’re a decent member here with much of interest to say.

I‘m seeing something in common with everyone at the moment, emotional ups and downs, good days and not so good.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Any friend of mine who sent me a link to a video by that nasty little racist thug, would not be a friend for long!

I've found if you choose to only listen to the stuff you want to listen too you'll never actually get challenged or question your own or others thinking or beliefs on a rational platform of debate.

But Tolerance and the ability to civilly debate others views is something that seems rare these days. Many will just retort with labels or attempt to not even enter into any ethical arena of free speech, choosing more to just listen to their own brand of opinion , so that all that comes back is an echo of an echo.

Each to their own. Do you only have friends with the same views as yourself? Interesting.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
If you need to listen to racist thugs to have your views challenged so be it. Personally there's better ways to be challenged by those with prejudicial views from mainstream political and societal sources without resorting to disruptive thugs like him. He's dangerous IMHO and anyone linking to his videos on what IME is a very responsible forum needs to reconsider whether he's made the right decision.

If he challenges your views that's a worry too. I hope you're not moving to agree with his outlook. I wIork with people who have taken that challenge to their views and moved towards his views. It's a little bit at a time but ended with naked racism with them. I do believe it is dangerous to give him any time. He's highly intelligent, highly articulate, scheming and nasty IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad64

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE