The Covid19 Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I can see harvest festivals at school being popular this year with millions of un-used tins of food... There are no issues with supply only demand which is the best way round. It will soon catch up and on the plus side create a load more jobs, certainly in the short-term.

0 shame on some folk such as the ones selling baby powder and nappies on facebook for inflated prices. Should be locked up.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have wondered what a bed made from Loo-roll would be like, damn comfy I rekon.

Now the schools are closed us parents will now be forced to panic buy alcohol to see us though. Not for the kids of course! My 3 year old is a terrible drunk....

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have wondered what a bed made from Loo-roll would be like, damn comfy I rekon.

Now the schools are closed us parents will now be forced to panic buy alcohol to see us though. Not for the kids of course! My 3 year old is a terrible drunk....

Reactions: beneechi

Navaja

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2016
Spain/UK
Just been out on the balcony applauding, everyday at 20:00 people do this to praise the Doctors, Nurses, Ambulance drivers, Cleaners, Police, etc all the people busy working in risky enviroments for the good of everyone else.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I do hope they wash their hands before they clap, as that would be a good way to spread the germs, wouldn,t like to be walking underneath.........or am I paranoid?

Navaja

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2016
Spain/UK
I do hope they wash their hands before they clap, as that would be a good way to spread the germs, wouldn,t like to be walking underneath.........or am I paranoid?
Yes.

But if only other people had a fraction of your paranoimia, just seen a Wolverhampton gym full of people (or should I say idiots) on C4 working out because they think they are all "alright Jack", unbelievable!

But I realise there is only so much can be absorbed at any moment trying to take in a situation one has never been in before, for example anyone who thinks mixing is OK post it now, then post again in a weeks time & see if your opinion has changed........

I originally thought posting here would give people a head start, a warning of what's coming but realise that it can only be done little by little, a few days ago it was clear some here (most?) were in denial, & I suppose a week earlier I was, the Government is clearly breaking things to come little by little.

I see Spain being reported as if it's far worse than what will happen in the UK, if you look all countries have taken pretty much the same approach therefore the results will be the same, China, Italy, Spain & now UK/USA amongst others, it won't be any different just a slightly staggered timescale.

The huge game changer will be a test to see who has already had the virus, the UK claims to be close to this & I'm crossing everything that they are.

Reactions: Woody girl

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
No, it’s not a filter, it’s a mask. It will catch and hold a few droplets of tiny water particles if the wearer coughed or prevent water droplets settling on the skin in that area. Talk about the perfect solution for as long as you want, but logic suggests any reduction of the little passengers is for the good. Every little reduction in their travel plans has to be for the best.

carry on stock piling toilet paper then. you crack on.

Cough into a tissue then bin it....

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, Its only a matter of time now...

My back is covered in feathers.

Im about to sprout wings.

Your all saying, `Good, this time I hope you learn to use them.`...

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Yes.

But if only other people had a fraction of your paranoimia, just seen a Wolverhampton gym full of people (or should I say idiots) on C4 working out because they think they are all "alright Jack", unbelievable!

But I realise there is only so much can be absorbed at any moment trying to take in a situation one has never been in before, for example anyone who thinks mixing is OK post it now, then post again in a weeks time & see if your opinion has changed........

I originally thought posting here would give people a head start, a warning of what's coming but realise that it can only be done little by little, a few days ago it was clear some here (most?) were in denial, & I suppose a week earlier I was, the Government is clearly breaking things to come little by little.

I see Spain being reported as if it's far worse than what will happen in the UK, if you look all countries have taken pretty much the same approach therefore the results will be the same, China, Italy, Spain & now UK/USA amongst others, it won't be any different just a slightly staggered timescale.

The huge game changer will be a test to see who has already had the virus, the UK claims to be close to this & I'm crossing everything that they are.

I've been saying it for weeks now. Got repeatedly shot down and told I was panicking.
Boy is the mood changing but not quick enough. Gov Still flapping tea towels at the fire :) but I think they realise it's time to call the fire brigade in. Just hope to god they havnt left it too late. Suspect they have. :(

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
It’s not asbestos particles. It’s nothing to do with filtration. Reducing aerosol landing areas around the mouth or nose is a sensible thing to do, just as not touching the face, mouth, nose inadvertently (we’re all still doing it :whistling: ). If you had a tissue mask on and someone spray painted you, which bit wouldn‘t get hit as much by the aerosol? The openings to them juicy mucous membranes, or...the hotel lobby. ;)

Fact is, we don’t really know. But we do know that every little bit of protection adds up. I won’t be wearing one, but then I’m not going out amongst other people.
I do not usually go round coughing in peoples faces. I take your point that most respirators are not biologically sealed, but a few drops of chlorine would cut down on any contamination of the filter meduim, otherwise they do act as a nice warm moist breeding ground. The filtration is to do with where the air is drawn in, paper masks come round the side, that is how most are afflicted with influenza, airbourne particles. The surgeons do not where masks during surgery to stop blood splashing in them and so no one recognises then if they cock up. The talking means that they splutter moisture into Mrs Mountefords spayed open ribcage and hydrate her aorta.

Plus the government says they do not work. Unless the person wearing it is infected.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Getting back to the title of this thread, I would hope most people will now be taking things seriously, and expect some more serious measures to be implemented over the coming days/weeks.

Reactions: Woody girl

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE