arctic windproof, current windproof (dpm) and M65 trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Hiya all, before they go onto ebay, i thought i'd offer them up to you guys.

First up...
1 x Royal Marine windproof Arctic smock. These are identicle to the SAS smock but have a wired arctic hood. Most remove the wire which leaves a great big floppy hood,however, this has had it removed but has also been tailored and the excess expertly removed and finished.

Its well faded, and has the usual fraying at the cuffs and the usual wear and tear found on a well used and loved smock. the colours are faded well back to dayglow preportions and it looks well ally with its sniper taped buttons. The size label is missing, but I have compared to my other smocks it compares closely to a 190/104. So tall, medium build.
These are great, 100% cotton, silky soft, and very windproof. I would never be without mine. this one is part of the cull of excess. SPF to RobF

arctic.jpg

Next is a current issue windproof, standard, made of polycotton, very robust, arctic hood with wire, two way zip, map pockets on the chest. This one is brand new, i took it out of the wrapper and have never used it. Superb, and very very functional. ideal for bushcrafting as its robust and fully featured and will last a lifetime.
size 190/112, tall and average to well built.

£25.00 delivered

windproof.jpg

Next is a pair of legendary and much copied US army M65 trousers.
These i've had since new and only used a few times each winter. Nyco material, Nylon cotton. Super heavyweight, just like the jacket of the same name. Has poppers on all pockets and flaps, not buttons, if someones got a pair of M65s for sale with buttons, they aren't M65s! Also has provision inside to use braces. Also even rarer, they still have the jungle style ties that come from the pocket and wrap round the leg and under the crotch to cinch in the excess material. Top Banana! Very hard wearing. Size Large Longs, so like a 40 waist and 33 inch leg.

£20.00 delieverd

m65.jpg

All prices include the paypal fee's, nice and simples. Not interested in swaps or offers.

cheers all
Rob

Last edited:

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
I should add that the trousers are meant to be over trousers like the british arctic trouser but i have never used them as such and use them as a stand alone trouser. superb for brushing.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
The Arctic Windproofs are superb - can't understand why no-one has snapped this up at the price!

I wore mine regularly throughout my military career - everyone seemed to want one! The frayed cuffs are standard but a tailor can sort this easily to prevent further unravelling. The material is very like Ventile and you can feel it grow stiffer (oo-er!) when it gets wet. Absolute quality and, I would argue, better than the current issue smock. Good luck.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Cheers mikey p, yeah, I'm a bit amazed too, good sizes as well. The cotton windproof either SAS SBS are superb and I use one all year round, I've got a couple with different features, and I shall never get rid of the core couple I use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE