aquaglide inflateables

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
From my google search they seem to do inflatable water borne toys, what product did you have in mind? Do you have a link, in case my google fu was complete pants... often is.
Rob.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Yep, rubbish google fu on my part.
They look quite good quality going by their video, I don't think they have been mentioned yet on song of the paddle.
A lot of people on there started out with the Sevylor inflatables which have proved reliable but not entirely puncture free so the bit in the video about the Chinook being claw and hook resistant is interesting.
At 12 ft it won't be fast but would be capable of one person + camping kit easily.

Rob.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've had ridged hulls before, but do struggle to find time to paddle as I'm self employed, so just want something for now & again paddling, & these look fairly good, at a reasonable price.
Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Rob

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
In the same boat myself :lmao: being self employed also means being self unemployed when ill, then working all hours to catch up.(which is where I find myself at the moment :()
If you get one, do post up a review when you get the chance, I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd be interested.

atb rob.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This one?

attachment.php

Attachments

• chint22.jpg
    chint22.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 89
I have one of those. I'm not a kayak expert so I can't really compare it to a rigid hull. I find it OK. It is a bit wide so it's not that fast, but it can maneuver and tracks straight. As far as I can tell you have to exaggerate your paddle technique a little bit to accommodate for the wider sides of this kayak. I have tested it in the ocean...ok, protected bay. It seems to handle waves well as well as the wakes of power boats. The hull flexes to accommodate for the wave action. It hasn't felt like tipping. You might also want to consider getting the aqua-glide pump as well since it's double action and pumps the boat up quickly. It's also quite bulky when deflated. I would estimate that you could pack it in a 80-90L pack. Haven't tried paddling with any real load, but now I might be tempted to.

Mike

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

Amazing! Yet another occasion when I’m working on a project and something connected comes up on the site.

I’ve owned a Sevylor Colorado which looks very similar to the Aquaglide for more than five years now and have used it on the sea and for several river-camp trips.

It has proven to be a very useful purchase extending my bushcraft activities by giving access to quiet river bank spots (and an island) and on one occasion to a land-side inaccessible beach.

Just in case others pass the title of this one by Woof I will post my experiences with an inflatable canoe as a new thread – ‘Bushcrafting With An Inflatable Canoe’.

If the Aquaglide is made of the same materials and construction methods as the Sevylor I would say that it is worth a punt ((pun intended).:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE