April Fools

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I thought i'd start a thread about April Fools so we can have a laugh about what happens to you or what you do to others (no horrid stuff!!)

I'm prompted by my daughter Rowan.

I'm sitting here on the computer, she walks in trying to find sellotape, after 30 seconds for no other reason that I love her I hold out my arms and we have a big hug, I tell her i love her, she tells me she loves me....
Then she steps back and says 'Is this is an April Fools!!'

It's good to laugh with your daughter....

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I offered to make my brother, who isn't the sharpest tool in the box, a cup of tea. he accepted, so I loaded it with about 8 spoons of salt. I tried an experimental sip, and it was like concentrated seawater. Vile!

So, I gave it to him, and retreated to a safe distance (otherwise known as "I ran away")

After about 10 minutes he came to find me. "Michael, what sort of tea is this?" he enquired in a puzzled voice. I collapsed in a heap laughing, He had drunk about half of it! :eek:

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
]In one of my earlier marriage, told youngest stepdaughter, she was 10, we were taking her to see the Rare Arctic Jungle Purple Bear on the saturday ( or whatever day 1st april was) i said the Purple Bear is called a LirpaLoof.....she was all for it, so saturday came and we said 'April Fool!'.....she laughed as her bro n sister were all but wetting themselves with laughter. ( age 14 n 12 they were in on it)...we explained 'lirpaloof' was an anagram of April fool..... she then said...yeah cool, but are we still going to see the Purple Bear?....we couldnt do anything for laughing..i think i even peed a little! :lmao:

Yeah TMI at the end!

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Trying to single out a solitary incident when my partner is as gulible as she is is very hard. (Not just me that do ot her father teases her too - well everyone does when I think about it).
Had her convinced I had telekinetic powers on one of our early dates. That the powercut was actually down to Fife council not paying their bill. That the boarded up old building was a school for the blind, the windows were covered so the staff appreciated what it was like to be blind. Managed to convince her to headbut an unboiled egg six Easters in a row. The list goes on. Some may think it's mean but I love her dearly and don't lie about the important things.

Sent via smokesignal from a woodland in Scotland.

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Best one I've ever heard was on Peterborough's local radio station when they said the main road through the city centre had been changed from 40mph to 30mph. Several people had got speeding tickets because the council had forgotten to change/take down the 40 signs. There was uproar for ages, slagging off the council, the police, local government, etc. until they came clean :rofl:

bearbait

A good few years ago, Toshiba I think it was, took an ad or two in the mainstream press advertising the "New Kinetic Mouse". (This was before the advent or common use of optical mice.) The Kinetic Mouse used the power generated by moving the mouse around during laptop use to charge the battery on the laptop to which it was connected. They received many orders.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
wpY7uJH.jpg

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
A few years ago now there was a 'news' article on a Somerset radio station warning people to expect delays on the new Severn bridge as they were going to raise the centre section for the first time since it was built to let a tall ship pass through. I happened to be heading into South Wales that day and as I went over the bridge at about 8 am you could see little groups of people on the river bank each side waiting.... :rolleyes:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I was almost caught out when Chris Tarrant did his weekday morning on a Saturday morning telling everyone it was Friday 31st March. I sat up with a start when I heard it at first then realised the date :rolleyes:

Having said that a large number of people were taken in including one girl who went all the way into London for a meeting she'd already had on the Friday :lmao:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt was of course meant to be an April fools joke :). Personally I still think its funny!

The Limited Edition TDKIt's time to explain ourselves about the 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt (TDK) announced April 1st, 2012. There's a story behind this one and an outcome we just weren't expecting.

About a month ago our lead designer, Cory Nykoluk, came to me with the idea to have some fun on April 1st with a 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt. "We've had a number of requests for kilts, so why not make one?" Cory had enlisted creative services director Matt Frederick and director of ecommerce Brian Rogers. I gave the project a green light with the commander's guidance to make the "TDK" a true 5.11 product supported by a proper launch. Operational security was strict as only about 6 people inside 5.11 knew about this project. In fact, the only reference in meetings and e-mails was to "Project Caber."

Our close friend Kyle Lamb, President of Viking Tactics, was briefed and signed on immediately. It turned out he was about to attend a Dropkick Murphys concert. Perfect timing as band member, Scruffy Wallace, is a kiltsman who plays bagpipes and the tin whistle in a VTAC T-shirt. The final piece needed was an athlete/first responder to demonstrate the mobility of the TDK. Matt Frederick called Roman, a veteran duty sheriff and Parkour athlete and we were rolling.

Last week, when we reviewed the video footage of Roman leaping walls in the TDK - it was clear - we had achieved the goal of making a Kilt true to the 5.11 brand. There was a collective "uh-oh, we only have one kilt in inventory!" On Saturday, March 31st, I called 5.11 Tactical founder, Dan Costa, to tip him off. His response: "Be ready, you're going to sell some kilts!"

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Years ago the outdoor gear company I worked for advertised that we were stocking dehydrated water as an April fools. We ended up fielding quite a few enquiries about it from folk.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE