Apple spoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Here is a new spoon I am working up for someone on sort of a commission not for money but they are buying me a new Mora crook the half crook for this spoon :D I will post pics of it when I get it The wood is apple for those interested all work so far is being done with my hawk

100_3240.jpg

100_3236.jpg

100_3237.jpg

100_3238.jpg

100_3239.jpg

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
I've got a major soft spot for applewood, lovely stuff that it is. That spoon is a fun design too. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Same here it's fast becoming a favorite wood to work though sadly there isn't enough of it around here lol my other favorite is beech and weeping willow

Thanks I kinda tend to add a bit of a quirky shape to most of mine they usually tend to veer off some direction due to the grain specially with apple always some funky grain in it

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Thanks Craeg actually be honest I find the curvy handles are pretty easy for me to do up they seem to come out of the wood on their own almost

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
I'll keep my eye on this, I look forward to seeing the finished piece. I find even straight handles beyond challenging! It's the urge to rush things and then get a nice split down the grain that catches me out!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE