Anyone used the Travel Tap from BPL?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Hi folks,

Just purchased 'The Travel Tap' water purifiication and filtration botttle from Backpackinglight. Anyone used one and whats your findings?

Nothing to do with the company just a happy customer.

atb

John
ScottishA5
Motherwell

ashab1

Feb 17, 2010
Northwest
I dont have one but will keep an eye on this thread because I am thinking of getting one they sound good what they like size/weight? wise

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Hi Ash,

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product353.asp?PageID=40

Its a 650ml squeezable bottle. The drinking spout has a rubber cover attached to the bottle neck and the whole thing is extremley well made. Its like a sports bottle but the cap end has an impressive filtration part to it. Comes in a cordura cover thats quilted and silver foiled on the inside with a shoulder strap and comprehensive instructions. I spoke to Bob at Backpackinglight and he and his family have experience with the product and have nothing but praise for it. Im off out with it next week and will not be carrying water for base camp. For the price I cant see anything comparable. Of course it arrived with the customery packet of jelly babies in the box and 3 days later followed up with a call from Rose to confirn its arrival etc etc.

Ive just re read this post and it does sound like Im working for the company lol, I can assure all that Im just a satisfied customer.

atb

John

Last edited:

ashab1

Feb 17, 2010
Northwest
Cheer's let me know how you get on with it I'm thinking of getting one of these or the straw type one from gooutdoors but this sound's like it will last longer.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I have one and the only problem I've found is that you need to be careful when squeezing the bottle. Do it too hard and, on mine at least, the water comes through the seal between cap and bottle, bypassing the filter and leaving you wet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE