Anyone tried Silvasan soap?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nope - and I wont be since its made from palm oil - the production of which is a major cause of deforestation

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
Didn't see any mention of palm oil. Just looked again at the ingredients and seen- Sodium Palmate and Sodium Palm Kernelate. I presume this is from palm oil?

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
Just done a quick google search, seems palm oil is in bloody everything. It just shows we have very little knowledge of what we are purchasing, where it comes from or the damaged caused by the process.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Spot on stu ...I really struggled to find soap without palm oil (let alone half the stuff in the house), so took to making my own in disgust

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
Good on you, something I have never thought of trying

Now thinking of Brad Pitt in fight club stealing human fat from the liposuction clinic skips :D

Spot on stu ...I really struggled to find soap without palm oil (let alone half the stuff in the house), so took to making my own in disgust

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
There is only one soap for me and I don't give a hoot whats in it

pears_soap.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I found Dr Bronner's Magic Soap, hemp oil, lavender oil, no palm oil and nothing eco-unfriendly that I can find...........it's nice, very nice, to use and rinses completely and instantly away............I bought a 237ml bottle of it (it's a liquid soap) for around a lady godiva and it lasted for about 4 months (I live alone). I can't recommend it highly enough...............no connection 'n' all that....................atb mac

BTW: You need to be able to ignore a load of god stuff on the label - he's some flavour of Californian evangelist......................

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE