Anyone know where to find DUOSSAL pots?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

iano

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2010
Wales
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knew where you can still find the Duo SS AL pots for Trangias? Not sure if any other company made anything similar either, a two-material pot?

Been mucking around with meths burners for a bit and wanted to give one of these a go but it looks like they aren't sold by Trangia anymore...

Alternatively, if they aren't for sale anywhere, anyone got one they don't use and would be up for selling or otherwise getting rid of? :D

Cheers!

d.s.k.

Sep 17, 2006
Norway
They are quite rare, Ill guess the nonstick won the market.
I have 2 sets, one nonstick (witch not will last for more than about 10 years) and a duossal set (only used 2 times).
Duossal is better than plain aluminium or stainless and should last until it is lost or crushed.
Still the nonstick version is muche easier to use.

dsk

iano

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2010
Wales
To anyone who's also on the lookout for Duossal, try these fellas: http://www.breakingfree.co.uk/ Found them when doing a little more research before ordering from NL. Got a 25 small pot and pan/lid today, good service as I only ordered them Saturday.

Edited to add: DSK, how does meths fare as a fuel over there? Meant to be coming over to Norge/Noregs in a week and wondering if meths is going to cut it (and into the winter) as better than gas, or do I need to be looking at multi fuel burners when it gets to Jan/Feb there?

Cheers

Ian!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE