Anyone interested in doing a Foundation Radio Ham course in Devon - weekend Intensive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hello everyone ,
I've been trying to sort out a Radio Ham Foundation course set over a single weekend ( as opposed to a series of evenings ) for several members on other forums for some time.

It now looks like a course will be conducted in Newton Abbot ( Devon ) sometime after the end of March , once I have firm dates I will post them.

I currently have Seven interested parties from other forums and though I would post here incase any one here want to put their names down as interested parties to do a course??

Anyway, look forward to hearing from you.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I would be interested but it would depend on dates, costs etc

Cost is minimal , I'm expecting it to be circa £30 for the weekend ( basically the instructor gives their time for free )
Date wise , I am chasing for something substantial but can confirm it WILL be over a weekend.

Hope that helps and I'll keep you informed.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'd be interested, but do I need to bring/own any kit to do the course.

Phill

Hi Phil , Just seen your post , No kit is needed to do the course , its just to get your license. After that its up to you , get the kit or join the local club to continue use.

Bizmarty

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2008
Under a Tree, UK
I am very interested in this course, looking forward to some more info.
So if successful, the certificate/license is awarded at the end of the weekend?

Cheers

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hello , No , No news yet.

The chap that will most likely be instructing spends winter in Spain ( nice ) , I have passed on comms to his HQ that I have a group of 'x' persons wanting to do a Foundation course over a single weekend , HQ says that its quite possible to do that but they need to get the instructor to set the dates and they currently have no way of contacting him unitl his return to the UK.
( Yes I agree ,....The Irony was not wasted on me !! ) , but I do promise when this gent makes contact with me and advises me of what dates are doable I will instantly pass on that information.

Currently I have around 15 names which is a good thing as it means it more likely than not to go ahead. So we just need to gird our collective loins until that time.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
OK, just a quick bump for people , the Instructor running the course this week end has informed me that he is running another Radio Foundation Week End course on the 18th & 19th August.

He currently has 3 slots left if anyone fancies coming down and doing it. If you fancyy a weekend in Newton Abbott either contact TARS radio directly ( details elsewhere in this thread I think ) or let me know here.

Thanks.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Many Congratulations to Bikething and Bizmarty for banging out their Foundation Radio Licences today!!!

Bikething even managed to ace the Test with a stunning 25 out of 25 correct!!

Thanks Guys.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE