Anyone had dealings with walkhigh.co.uk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I ordered some rope etc form this www.walkhigh.co.uk just before the august bank holiday & it still hasn't arrived :confused:

I have sent 2 emails and left a dozen phone messages, but no reply - just wondering if anyone else has had dealings with this company.

I might just have to contact Barclaycard at this rate :(

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Heyho ,
Had no dealings with the firm , If I had transport I'd pop down there for you , not far from me . All I can suggest is sending the owner a message on FB and see if you get any response that way . Not really any help I know .
Trev .

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yeah I've used them loads of times James without any bother mate.

Was it the last BH you placed you're order with them ? Maybe they've gone away on their jollies for a couple of weeks ?

I hope things are okay with them as I've recommended them to plenty of folk on here for cordage etc.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Yes Rich, it was the last bh. I think someone must be there because the answer machine was "full" one day, then had space to leave a message the next, odd. Maybe they were on holiday but are now clearing the back orders. Either way, they could have changed the answerphine message or setup an email autoreply. I'll give em a couple more days.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Only used them once, back in July to order some 18mm tape. My order was placed lunchtime over the phone on a friday and tape arrived next morning.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
After a month & half, over 20 answer phone messages left & two emails sent - still no communication & nothing through the post. I have rung Barclaycard to open up a dispute :(

All i want is some dark coloured 26mm tube tape, arghhhhhhhhhhh!

supersi

Oct 13, 2010
UK
Did the item arrive? Im waiting on an expensive sleeping bag . Tried ringing numerous times no response. Getting pretty annoyed now!

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
I'm in the same situation. Placed an order on 1/10/10 and heard nothing. Tried phoning, emailing and answer phone messages. No contact at all. Credit card company say I have to wait 30 days from order. Wish I had seen this thread before ordering. The worst aspect of this is that I cannot source the goods elsewhere until this is resolved. Website is still taking orders and pledging free help, fast delivery etc.
BEST ADVICE, DON'T USE THIS COMPANY.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Is there anyone near Southam who can call round to their unit and see what's going on ? They've always been good to deal with in the past so I hope there's a good reason for them going under.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
It's not too much to ask - a reply to an email. If I had an explanation I would have waited. Barclays are on the case now.

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
Hi all,
Just a friendly warning about this company. I ordered some climbing tape (for my hammock) from these guys at the end of october. After a week or so i got impatient (usually things arrive quickly here) and emailed them - no reply.
I decided to give it the 28days and still nothing. I checked their website and it had a "huge apologies to all our customers for poor service" etc etc on the news page along with various excuses. It also said that new orders were being processed normally (the apology had been written at least a month before my order so it's blatently not true!!).
I emailed again - nothing.
Tried to call - their answer machine was full and now line isn't connecting.
I'm not the only person who's had problems - according to their blog page.
Do not order from this company - even if they are legit their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced.
I'm now taking it up with my bank (thankfully it was a small amount of money but it's the principle).
Just thought it would be good for all you good folks to know.

Now, anyone have any suggestion on where I could get this climbing tape now?:confused:

Cheers

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I hate when this happens :( kind of ruins trust :sigh:

I got mine in Tiso's, Paul. Well, I sent Himself and that's where he bought it for me.

atb,
M

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
Ah, so word is out already. I had done a search before posting but didn't see anything.
Thanks for the link Rich.
Nice one Mary, Tiso's it is.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE