Anyone going to the Outdoor Adventure Show?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I was just wondering if anybody was thinking of going to this?

http://www.outdooradventureshow.co.uk/

I think that I will be wander around on Sunday. Sadly there aren't any bushcraft talks that day, but it is the only day that I can make. Not sure what there will be to see, I was put on to it by a guy from work who is going, I am just tagging along for the ride!

Chris

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I'm not going but I would recommend going to see Alan Hinkes talk. I saw him about 4 years ago and he was very good, plus I would be interested to know how he's getting on with his challenge (To climb all 8000m peaks in the world) He must only have one or two left, if any.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We're going to be there as Bushcraft UK, small booth upstairs overlooking the main area. Part of the Trails 52 weekend activities. So is Jack and Stuart Woodland Organics and Kellam Knives.
I have the info to put up on the website but I have been waiting for them to send me the ticket offer so I can offer it to everyone on here. They is slow people.
I think that Jack is doing a couple of speaking slots.

See you there :-D

We're also doing the Outdoors show at the NEC in April, I will put up some more info on it soon, and hopefully the ticket offer.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
That's good. I was thinking of heading up to the NEC for the climbing stuff as i had heard it was the better show, but if there's bushcraft stuff there it's an added bonus.

P

Pathos

Stew said:
I'm not going but I would recommend going to see Alan Hinkes talk. I saw him about 4 years ago and he was very good, plus I would be interested to know how he's getting on with his challenge (To climb all 8000m peaks in the world) He must only have one or two left, if any.

Alan has two more to go, I think he is planning to do them both this year. From what I read he had to cut short an attempt last year as he had a suspected case of SARS. Luckily it turned out not to be.

I would love to go but can't find the time :-(

Paul

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
AntarcticFire said:
I'm planning to go on Sat 7th with a few friends... should hopefully be a good day out!

:uu:

AF, I was starting to sway to the idea of going as it's not too far. You going with the usual lot? I was thinking of going on the friday if I did but I could prob do the sat if that's ok... (still thinking about it)

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Tony said:
We will ahve the badges sorted for the Outdoor show NEC in April :-D And I shoudl ge the ticket info any day

Give us a PM when ya get the dates Tone !! Hopefully it won't be Easter weekend or I'll miss the bugger :-?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
OK The ticket offer is sorted and I will get it up on the site ASAP. The offer is buy one ticket get another free. So that's 2 for £12 call 0870 010 9085 and say you're from Bushcraft UK. Quote them MTL to get the special offer. This offer is open to anyone that visits the site.

For just the members we are hoping to get some free tickets to give away to you. We will let you know about this as soon as we get them in our hands (I don't want any disappointment :wink: ) and then you will be able to send a SAE and get them sent to you. I will keep you posted on this.

Cheers Guys and Girls

Tone

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Cheers Tony, I'm going to try and book some tickets today. Would have gone to the one in London next month but my mates getting married and I'm the best man...don't think they'll be impressed if i sneak off :wave:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Lithril said:
Cheers Tony, I'm going to try and book some tickets today. Would have gone to the one in London next month but my mates getting married and I'm the best man...don't think they'll be impressed if i sneak off :wave:

What are you booking tickets for? The tickets are for the Feb show, is this the one you can't make?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE