Anyone from the teesside area?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RobSwan

Sep 17, 2014
Hartlepool
Ravens Gill sounds excellent. Personally I'd prefer 3 weeks notice - migh be able to manage 2 at a push - so that would help me. Otherwise "I'm IN". Transport availabale if anyone needs a lift (Astra Estate - loads o' room).
Suggest - if you're willing, Madriverrob - set a date, get it booked and go for it. Count me in.

RobSwan

Sep 17, 2014
Hartlepool
well aye Rob, i know where you mean, Hesleden, used to cycle up along the old railway line to Castle Eden and back thru Nesbitt hulam to the back of Hart village, often stopped for a bit wander into the woods on foot
the bits of woodland iv,e wandered at Wynard are mostly coniferous but theres lots iv,e not explored yet
Anytime suits me really, altho i do like me Sat a/noons in club, lol, might go for a recce about sometime soon but you work out whats good for you and i,m sure i can sort something out m8.

Ship

Would have to be a Sunday then m8. That would mean 7 or 14 Dec. for me. Maybe we'll have a group meetup planned by then anyway, in which case this probably isn't relevant. Otherwise I suggest we book a date (14 Dec, say) and arrange details nearer the time and go explore for a day. Have car so travel no problem if we want to go further afield.
How's that with you Ship? Anyone else welcome if nothing else planned by then.
Rob

ship

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2005
NE UK
sounds good to me, as you say hopefully a group meet can be arranged soon, what do you think the rest of you? Northbushcraft, op, what do you think, any thoughts or ideas m8, seems like there,s a bit of intrest, lets keep this ball rolling.
Rob, google tells me most of the denes, Heselden, Bleachey, Hawthorne (between Easington and Seaham) are ancient or semi-ancient woodlands and seem to be managed by various trusts and other similair organisations as opposed to private ownership, but look fantastic, BTW it doesn,t have to be a Sunday m8, i,d rather be out in the countryside than the club;), as i said what ever suits you and others.
Come on peeps, get onboard:rolleyes:,

Ship

RobSwan

Sep 17, 2014
Hartlepool
Hi Guys,

Ship: 14 Dec is good for me. Fully booked up before then.

Agree. Interest seems good.
When you look at the Groups section on this site there's plenty going on in other regions. It only takes 2 or 3 to get things rolling. (My Wife's pertty keen too :)
I suggest 13/14 Dec for possible first group meet / overnighter.

Madriverrob: Any news on Ravens Gill campsite? You up for that date?
bopdude: You good too?
Anyone else?

Cheers,
Rob

ship

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2005
NE UK
14th is fine by me m8, anyone else coming aboard? my 13yr old would more than likely tag along, she loves the outdoors in any kind of weather, and me jack russel loves to disapear? into a sleeping bag:rolleyes:,, i will probably have transport on a w,end, little fiesta until i get my 4x4 back on the road. me and Amy (my daughter) are going to have a wander up to Heselden dene area on sunday, will take some photos, if any one would like to tag along just gis a shout.
Time for me to stop being a internet bushy and get out there, i had some serios spinal surgery last year (multi level spinal fusion and de=compresion) but my consultant said to just go ahead and do what ever i want, so i intend to:D

Ship

ship

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2005
NE UK
so, we need a venue, only one i can think of is Brockwell woods site, i know Tyneside rather than Teeside, so any other suggestions?
Regards,
Ship

RobSwan

Sep 17, 2014
Hartlepool
Brockwell looks good to me. I say we book it.
If there's agreement shall we each book for ourselves or does someone want to book for who's going?

Rob

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Where in Darlo. I did "most" of my growing up there, Rise Carr and then Longfield, got all over the town though, as you do, if we're up for it I'll contact Brockwell.

Add numbers / names

1 Bop

RobSwan

Sep 17, 2014
Hartlepool
Where in Darlo. I did "most" of my growing up there, Rise Carr and then Longfield, got all over the town though, as you do, if we're up for it I'll contact Brockwell.

Add numbers / names

1 Bop

Add another 2 (Me and wife, Jackie). I'm presuming we're agreed on 13/14 Dec. for the date. If so book us in :)
Rob

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
I grew up in the centre of Darlo, currently living just on the outskirts. As much fun as Brockwell is I am busy the 13th during the day with a Scout trip, maybe next time though!

Crassy84

Forager
Oct 22, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Sorry folks it's the 30th anniversary of my birth that weekend so I have plans but keep me in the loop for any other meets it seems sometimes that there isn't much going on in the north (the real north not Liverpool or Manchester)!

ship

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2005
NE UK
good to go here, altho Mrs has just a call back to the oncoligist, so i,ll have to wait and see, but fingers crossed all,s ok.
Ship

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE