Anyone From Lancashire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Far_Wanderer

Oct 29, 2009
Lancashire, England
Hi Guys I'm in the Chorley area and looking to see if anyone in the North West, Would like to meet up for a camp. Looking to get out more this year after a few health problems and wanna give my new hammock a try.

HeatherS

Apr 22, 2012
Horwich
How about just a day meetup in a public wood? There’s lots of open access places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulds

Sep 28, 2016
Manchester
The Manchester meets, declined first due to the loss of a venue, Middlewood Scout Camp now taken over by the RHS, and later because they deteriorated into drinking parties.

There are certainly enough people in the area to start such meets up again but finding the right venue might be the first problem.

Can you give me a heads up on sites that are a no go for whatever reason by any chance? I don't mind doing some leg work to find a site but it would be easier if I knew which ones that are known to be non starters

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Giant's Seat camp site is where the drinking parties ended up and the site is almost universally disliked by everyone else.

The Middlewood management team moved to a place called Hollinwood, which I gather is on a flood plain and is very wet from what I hear, although I don't know if anyone has checked it out.

Beyond that we haven't really tried anywhere else as far as I can tell.

Reactions: paulds

paulds

Sep 28, 2016
Manchester
Thanks, I've just found one called Ashworth Valley. They say they only accept groups with a child protection policy so that's likely a no go. I'll keep looking

paulds

Sep 28, 2016
Manchester
Absolutely and if my kids were attending a venue I'd want to know that people organisations using the venue had the proper degree of vetting. I've had the highest level of checks myself and I believe that, unlike the old CRB it's not organisation specific. I'll see what they come back with but not holding out too much hope

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

paulds

Sep 28, 2016
Manchester
Yes sorry Heather, I got a notification saying you'd posted but couldn't see the post. That definitely works too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HeatherS

Apr 22, 2012
Horwich
I’m not really feeling like travelling far tbh. I’m just back from a walk around Haigh Hall in Wigan. Lots of places to explore there for a day. Big fire would be out of the question, but a small Kelly kettle/stove would be fine. A few saplings to harvest for whittling projects too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: paulds

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE