Anyone else as stupid as me.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
Forecast pssing with rain, cold and damp.
Thats when im going tocamping/shooting. :)
Is there anyone else out there that really doesnt give about the weather. Or should i just admit im an obsessed person?

Lodian
P.S Please be gentle,

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
To even worry about the weather!

Go have a good time!
It's -30 c here, and I thinking about going ice fishing / camping out on the lake early this week.
So I'm Nuts too!

:D

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
If you wait for our weather mate you'll never do anything. Look at it as an opportunity to really practice your skills.

I love being out on the hill in bad weather but well clothed for the conditions. It makes me feel alive and reminds me of so many holidays. :D

Mind you I do spend a lot of time working in comms rooms with no windows.

Stu

B

bushyboo

hey i love being out in the rain :) i agree with whats been said if you wait for good weather you will never get out esecialy up here :lmao: :lmao:

Gordon

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
To really experience life to the full you have to be able to enjoy yourself in all weathers IMHO anyway. What's the point in just going out when its sunny, where's the fun in that!:rolleyes:

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
had a weekend camping at the Cwellyn Arms a couple of weeks ago - rained non-stop, wind turned my tatonka 4.5x4.5 into a giant sail which threatened to disappear into the distance, so just kept the fire going in the rain!
my stormproofed S95 jacket was fine, i was warm, and had a great time.
weather? all types are good!

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Last time I was out, it rained. and rained and rained. Once we were wet through, it was quit a fun time, getting wet was horrid.. but after that it was grrrreat! Even wading across the wee stream was fun, and strangely warm too..

Nag.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
:eek:
Aren't you supposed to do that sort of thing away from your camp :lmao:

The things we do to amuse ourselves :D

Kev

:lmao: Nooo it wasn't that! It was just mountain water, coming down at a rate o knots because of the rain. The wee stream had several smaller ones feeding it from further up the glen. Luckily it wasn't that deep, around mid thighish, perhaps 20 feet wide and was not too fast. All the peat made it dark brown though, so finding solid footing was interesting.. :D

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I'm planning a couple of nights out starting tomorrow. I love school holidays! :D

Haven't even checked the weather forecast yet - don't really care what it does as long as I get my fix!

To me the best sound in the world is rain on canvas, even better if I'm warm and dry, swinging in the hammock at the time! :cool:

Simon

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Crazy is all in the eye of the beholder!

For the past couple decades, I host an 18th century hike in camp where I live. We get all our gear/clothing to fit into the 1750-1820 time period, the pack what we want on our backs for one trip into the area we are staying in to spend the weekend. And I hold this the last weekend of October!

We've had all sorts of weather - and we hold it whatever the weather is.

Drizzle and hard rain all weekend
70's (F) and sunny
Below freezing and windy
Sleet/snow
Hard frost each night
Just above freezing with moderate wind and drizzle

So we've had just about any possible weather over the years. We just work/live with whatever comes along. Yes, the weather forecast has scared off a few over the years, but most of the regulars enjoy the challenge of a late fall camping/hunting/fishing/scouting trip.

I've also been known to hike down into the pasture and up on the one hill on a winter evening under the full moon with snow everywhere and temps around 20 below zero (F) - just to watch what goes on in the valley below with the deer playing and the moon/stars spread out above. That crunchy snow and crisp air just sets it off. I curl up in my wool blanket to watch, occasionally drifting off to sleep - until I finally head back home before dawn. I even start a fire occasionally when doing this, but not too often. Who needs to go to regular church after that? Besides, the Oaks and Cedars are usually better company.

Crazy? Guilty as charged.

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
got back yesterday it was ermmmmm intresting.

1; Our campsite had been logged, all the trees chopped which really got me p****d off.
2: it didnt rain complete contradiction.
3:tried out new hammock.

Overall great time.:)

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
So long as I'm dressed appropriately I enjoy whatever the weather brings. In fact I often enjoy a bit of "bad" weather.

However I'm not stupid and I won't risk my life by knowingly venturing into an area in conditions that are life-threatening. I know some people have to and I admire them for it but I don't have to so I avoid it.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Myself and Spikey da Pikey quite often go bush when the weather is gipping. Last jaunt was -6c without a tent... Don't mind weather as a rule, with the right setup it can be quite fun:D

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Exposure, and putting tents up in gales. I love the UK's weather.

I think if you are ready for it, there is no problem. And some of the best times are around bad weather.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE