Anybody seen this website

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I have used a Grohmann #3 Boat Knife, Forces model for years, I really like the design and handling. It is actually issued to Canadian Forces as a survival knife and does the tasks very well.
The only thing I don't like is it is hard for me to get as sharp as I would like, being SS with the double bevel. Once sharp, it will stay sharp through quite a lot of use. A great knife for bushcraft. The Forces model has an overlap sheath that prevents loss.
Blade is 4in and the entire knife and sheath is really light to carry, lighter than many locking folders. Cheers!

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I like the Grohmann boat knife too. I found it cheaper to buy direct from Canada. It is also cheaper to buy the kit (assemby takes about 1 minute, tools required, one hammer :) )

The handle is very secure, it does not rust, it handles very well and it is not too heavy. When canoeing it replaces my Woodlore.

I agree with wizard about sharpening, though it does respond to time and a 'Hoodoo hone'.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE