Any Medics/ Dr in the house? Treating astro burns

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
O.k so long story short ended up playing full contact rugby on a sort of synthetic grass astro turf pitch yesterday. My Knees are in absolute tatters and I have rugby trials for the university today!

Basically in places they're badly grazed but in others they've taken a fair bit of top skin off. The second type are seeping this yellowy liquid (gross!) and are showing no signs of scabbing up yet.

All I've done so far is apply TCP cream.

Can someone please help me with how to treat them, and also what sort of dressing I can use for Rugby?

Cheers all,
Will

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just treat them as you would any graze, wash them out and cover with a light dressing until they settle down.

As for dressing to prevent this type of injury again I suggest this :rolleyes: :)

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
Clean them all well, If its astro turf (with the sand in in) you may need to scrub it.

The yellow liquid is nothing to worry about, get some melonin dressings and tape them on (covering with duct tape during the game is a good one) then swap the dressings

Dont use any 'cotton' based dressing pad as it will only stick

Pop into any pharmacy and they will advise you...... (as to dressings)

if they get infected ... off to the walk in centre!

(sorry its only quick but im on the way out of the door!!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE