Any compy buffs out there? Need some help please, Google seach will not search!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Man, not sure I can get by without the G. search functio.
Not sure what has happened, the kids messing maybe?
Point is , I type what I want to search for in the Google UK box,
It goes to the top left of the page as usual and offers suggestions as I type.
When I finish and click on seach, nothing!!
It just sits there!!

Aghh!!!!!!!!

Any ideas cats? Desperate man here!

C.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
To begin with, very quick and easy, try a different search engine -- for example www.bing.com -- and see what happens.

Check that you're allowing 'cookies' from Google and 'javascript' code from Google to run in your browser. Should be under something like 'edit-> preferences' or 'tools' in your browser toolbar (or you might need to do searches to find out how to do 1t!)

Try downloading a different browser just for testing, such as firefox: https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-stub&os=win&lang=en-US (NB This link is for WINDOWS which I assume you're using.)

Let us know how you get on with those, there could be something more serious going on (possibly malicious software) but I won't worry you about that for now.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Well worth having more than one browser installed, I use Firefox, Torch, Opera, Internet Explorer and Chrome. Download and install another and tell us if you have the same problem.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Here's what happens: Page 1 comes up with a limited search, if at all,
& subsequent pages are feint & it is not possible to click on anything.

Mrs CtC x

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Go to settings, turn off 'google instant' if you have not done so already.
Sorry,, should have asked if you are using chrome ? If so, click on the settings, and disable google instant. I think its broken at the moment..

Last edited:

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Sorry, I wasn't very clear was I...

Open chrome, and sign in. click on the black cog icon on the right of the screen.. Click on search settings.

Choose 'never show instant results'

Then scroll down and click save settings.

Restart chrome, see it that sorts it. It worked for me when I got the same as you did earlier today.

:D

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Close your browsers and run CCleaner and do a clean of system and also run the registry cleaner as well.

If that doesn't solve it then you should run a full scan with Security suite/malware scanner etc. To be honest you should do this anyway even if first option solves issue.

What security do you have installed? (Please do not say AVG, I'll scream).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE