Any active members in the Glynneath area?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I was wondering if anyone is active in the Glynneath area, or if anyone has built a lean to shelter in the pontneddfechan woods this year? Came across one, in a great spot with really good resources etc.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

honisoitquimalypense

Sep 14, 2015
oxford
hi. lots boys used to do a fair bit few yrs back in there. last decade. i parked from penderyn walked down to the little fall forgotten name that flows into decent round deep hollow. 4m height max. good jumping spots. we used to put up stuff above that. hidden in minny beech trees. also in dark pines above sgwd eyra. sos hope thats right. at the back hidden away. thought all this woodland trust. no go. ?? stealth only lol. if i had my map i d giv u 8 fig grids but not home. was thinking going back funny enough for couple days in next few weeks.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
hi. lots boys used to do a fair bit few yrs back in there. last decade. i parked from penderyn walked down to the little fall forgotten name that flows into decent round deep hollow. 4m height max. good jumping spots. we used to put up stuff above that. hidden in minny beech trees. also in dark pines above sgwd eyra. sos hope thats right. at the back hidden away. thought all this woodland trust. no go. ?? stealth only lol. if i had my map i d giv u 8 fig grids but not home. was thinking going back funny enough for couple days in next few weeks.

Ah, the sgwd yr eira falls is a stroll earmarked to take the missus on. Very easy access for free parking at dinas rock or if full, the Angel pub. And the walk is easy, around two miles from dinas rock. The shelter I found is just north of Sgwd Gwladys, a good 2 miles as the crow flies from where you used to throw yourselves off the rocks.

attachment.php

I found plenty of areas for stealthy camps, but this shelter was easily found/seen from a forestry track. Whoever made it wasn't bothered about discovery. Which make me think that maybe it was an employee of the commission? Can joe bloggs get permissions from the forestry commission, do they give them? Anyone have any experience of it?
Anyway, I'll continue to explore the woods on a regular basis, see what else turns up.

Attachments

• P1020857.jpg
    P1020857.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 21

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE