Anti-glug spout

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
That could be a fun project one day!!! :-D

EdS said:
The 6l diesel engine in the Hummer is the standard GMC engine they use in a variety of SUV/pick ups.

The can be put in to a Defender fairly easily - conversion plates for clutch, gear box are easily available. It recogmended to put an auto box (ZS 4 speed Ranger Rover OK) as the torque tends to through manual gear boxs all over the place.

MGP is suprisingly high, better than the Landy V8 petrol - mostly due to the fact that on the road the engine is running under very little strain.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
A V8 isn't very different actually ... once you are away you can tend to stick it into a higher grea and stay there until you hit hills.

But the Perkins 6 would be another nice engine to have in a Landy!

Having said that, the V8 is a nice engine too!

Keith_Beef said:
Manual gearbox, but pulling from such low revs, that (supposedly) once you've pulled away, you tend to just stick it in fourth or fifth, and drive like an auto... I'd love to try one, to see if it's true.

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Ok, now I can post again :)

Got one on the spoust from Halfords. £8.99 and does the job I need it to. It was a pleasure emptying a 25L can in to it before my arms get tired :wink:

Only thing I had to do was smack the locking mechanism about a bit to narrow the width between the hooks - but smaking it usually fixes most things Land Rover related :lol:

Cheers guys.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Wasn't a hammer standard issue in the Landy toolkit? If not, it should have been! :lol:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE