another Wild Live gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Dunne

hi dunne here my wife and i are looking to go to the gathering this year but cant seem to find out when or were any info would be great thanks

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Organised groups end up with extra insurance and public liability cover sometimes.
The landowners may well insist that the organiser completes risk assessment and health and safety requirements as well.
It's a p.i.t.a. but they have to cover their backsides too.

Sounds like a good event though :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
It is strange though that it costs £2.50 for a group one day but £15.00 on another. Maybe it is a printing error and as it is a group it should read £5.00 instead of £15.00? Especially as there is no teaching happening.

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
I think its great to see that someone has taken the trouble to offer their site for a gathering. I was at the last gathering and had a excellent time and met some great people .
I am looking forward to going to the next gathering. If people have a problem with the cost should they not take it up with the organisers directly. I personally think that its a great site in a great location. All to often people have tried to organise meets in Ireland and they have failed. This event should be encouraged.
( I have no connection with Wild-Live. I have done one of Anthonio's courses and attened the last meet.)
Tony

Drongo

Aug 19, 2008
Lisburn
I was there, with a small girl who sat on a very very large bow drill...

I had a few photos too... Now where are they....

Hello all,

I am very sorry some of you felt that the £15,- charge was unfair.

All the money collected was donated directly to the National Trust in lieu of the normal entry charges.
I also had certain overheads which I paid for myself such as event insurance, firewood, and organising time. I also lease the land we use from the National Trust.

The wild-camping cost on our site for £2.50 per night has always been a symbolic charge but perhaps it too should reflect actual costs. The symbolic charge allowed me to have you staying on our site while covered under our insurance as the camper is "attending" a "course". Perhaps this is an unfair arrangement when taken in context of other events such as this past gathering... Food for thought...

If anyone would like to find out more about the charge for the gathering, then please feel free to contact me directly:

info@wild-live.org

Regards,

Anthonio Akkermans

PS, The gathering was good fun though and I very much enjoyed your company.

D

Dunne

after the success of the last gathering I see Anthonio is intending to have another in April next year..well guys' you've got plenty of notice, no excuses..I'll see you all there!:D

dunne here just wouldering if it is going to be up in wicklow in april if yes you can but me down for it and any other new news about it would be great and can i bring other people and is there or well there be any camping and what is the best way to get to you from naas thanks

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
dunne here just wouldering if it is going to be up in wicklow in april if yes you can but me down for it and any other new news about it would be great and can i bring other people and is there or well there be any camping and what is the best way to get to you from naas thanks

Get some comma's in your life Dunne !!!

The event will be in :-

Castle Ward,
Strangford,
Downpatrick,
Co. Down

See - http://www.wild-live.org/contact.asp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE