another who remembers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
Who remembers the tv series Robinson crusoe it was a french series dubbed in english it also had a very calming theme tune recently played on radio two,s chris evans show in one of the shows he demonstrates an unusual bow drill set up .

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Dee dedee de, de de, dahdah dah dah da etc
Silly beggar broke his knife trying to get a LIMPET!
Oh - I remember.......

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Who remembers the tv series Robinson crusoe it was a french series dubbed in english it also had a very calming theme tune recently played on radio two,s chris evans show in one of the shows he demonstrates an unusual bow drill set up .

There was that and Daktari every school holiday. And the theme is going through my head now. Aarrgghh! But I think I'd like to see Robinson Crusoe again. One of my childhood memories.

That was when children's TV lasted from about 4pm to 5:30 pm every day, daytime TV didn't exist and there were only about 3 channels.

It probably isn't, but the melody sounds very much like a highland bagpipe tune.

Geoff

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Rancid!
You are humming it with a Yorkshire accent!
I on the other hand am humming it with a Francophone accent (one I found lying around in Walloon Belgium a while ago).....

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
just watched a bit of the you tube link not only did robinson break his knife on a limpet it looked like he had made fire with a green timber spindle for his bow drll kit just proves if you try hard enough even with green timber well it is tv I thought Jack Hargreaves was brill on kids tv --- oops wrong post

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Rancid!
You are humming it with a Yorkshire accent!
I on the other hand am humming it with a Francophone accent (one I found lying around in Walloon Belgium a while ago).....

You were not to know that NE UK does not include the Y place:eek: and therefore you will be spared the wicker man jobby ( took two weeks to build a blimmin wild life hide, never mind a wicker thingy)
No- one is a full on thicko geordie ( well all right, born in Corbridge and not-technically at least, within hearing of Armstrongs buzzer)

By the way, I didn't know you could still get those Francophone things, we had one when I was small, but my brother took the plug off to stop my (even smaller) sister playing her records on it. she nearly blew her hand off after watching my eldest brother shoving the wires into the plug socket to get the thing going and, thinking the technique simple to carry out, went up with a hell of a flash and a bang. I nearly pi-wet myself laughing till mater turned up and clattered everyone present round the lugs in the classic-"kill em all-let god sort it out" fashion. ( all absolutely true-well except it wasn't really a francophone-)

Oh dear, I've got big stupid grin syndrome now:D
cheers and no offence to ANYONE form Yorkshire!

Rancid Crusoe

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
must admit as a ten year old when this was first aired on tv i thought it was quite good someone had managed to aquire the seriies for me on dvd two years ago which i enjoyed seeing again and reminicing a happy childhood ok im a sad old s-d

sleeperman

Sep 27, 2007
N/E
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm my god I used to love that tune (and still do ) big wet remembering eyes now. :eek: One of my favourite childhood memories. cheers for that john.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sorry about that Rancid - but then you should not be coy about being from Geordieshire NE UK could be anywhere from the Wash to John O'Groats!
Come to Wales and learn to carry a tune like Charlotte Church!
We only build a Wicker Man to welcome the Sais - but have lots of practice......heh heh heh!
I have just "wasted" my morning watching You Tube episodes of the old TV series - it is still the best version of RC around (though the clamation is pretty good too ...) memories are flooding in - love it!
John

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE