Another Spoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Gives chicken a squeeze...by jove you are right
width/depth is just right, just a couple of high spots to sand down and stop it rocking

Attachments

• racer prototype.jpg
    racer prototype.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Allison McKenzie

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
That's realy nice. I try but I'm not very good at all.20200613_140126.jpg
Was just starting to carve the bowl.. and the handle broke. It was a nice bit of birch. :(

Reactions: Robson Valley

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Attention!
If they become too thin they will break easily!

Woody Girl, I make the spoons like that, that the inner curve is exactly the curve of my knive, where the edge goes up to the tip. The results are pretty close to a bought steel spoon and like this I can work without spoon knife.

I carve the outer line, than the hole (don't know even in German how to name it correctly) than I scratch the inner with the curve of my knife, and the handle I carve in the end after I gave it in the beginning a rough shape.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I think it's like carving most anything. "Carving Sharp" tools. Got the right tools for the task?
Learn the wood. This could take a while. Birch spalts so easily that wreckage is a real possibility.

10 spoon starts:
3 die
3 become the living dead
3 turn out OK
One spoon is exactly what you hoped for.

Reactions: Robbi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE