another pair of sheaths

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've made another pair of sheaths, this time specifically to fit clippers, although they will take the training knife, if a bit tight to get in and out.
I've done them in a dark brown, once again; hand sewn with artificial sinew and complete with a detachable dangler loop, fastened with all brass, press studs.
this is the plain one ( knife is NOT included)
P7150003.jpg

P7150008.jpg

P7150010.jpg

The decorated one has a round, solid brass ring dangler fixed to the belt loop, while the plain one has a solid brass, "d" ring which is free to move on the belt loop.
Both belt loops are attached with a single, double sided, brass rivet.
P7150017.jpg

P7150016-1.jpg

P7150013.jpg

The carving is meant to represent a stylised birds wing.
I haven't wet formed these ones, no real reason other than trying out a slightly different technique.
just to confirm:
the knife is NOT included
;)
I'm asking £30 inc p+p for the plain one please SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
And £35 inc p+p for the bird wing one
cheques or postal orders please
pm secures
any questions; just ask;)

thanks very much for looking
R.B.

rancid badger

I wouldn't take this personally. They are lovely.

Nothing is shifting at the moment, must be the price of fuel or something.

I must admit, I'm surprised,;
no offers?, no one even made any comments, good, bad or indifferent. I welcome any feedback at all.
Mind you, I love the making, regardless, so as long as I'm able to make enough to pay it's way, I stay out of trouble with Mrs.Badger:D
Anyway, never mind
Cheers
R.B.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Man - they did not have the artwork on them!;)
Strange no one posted though - especially as a current post is looking for a sheath.....

ecobandit

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
northumberland
rancid u have a problem! them there sheath's are of too high a quality, picture this ,davy crocket's doon in th woods sez how luk it me nu slicer n sheath,the aal gan "wow brill,"then crocket wips oot ees slicer th aal gan" err, i reet !!!!!". wots required is a nice handle for the clipper! hmm now theres a thought!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
They are very nice sheaths you have made there RB. I think one of your problems selling is that alot of guys 'n' girls are making their own nowadays. Take me for instance, since making my first ones I now realise I can do it and although mine aren't as good and nice as yours I would rather try one myself than buy someone elses.
But like John & Dougster said its no prolem with your sheaths because like I said they are a lovely bit of kit. Don't take it to heart mate!

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Also, it's mid-month. I don't know about you, but I can't afford to buy anything until payday, then I go a bit nuts for a week, then nothing until payday at the end of the month, then a bit nuts, and......you get the idea :D

I think they look great, by the way, a bit different to the normal western-style sheaths

Rat

rancid badger

They are very nice sheaths you have made there RB. I think one of your problems selling is that alot of guys 'n' girls are making their own nowadays. Take me for instance, since making my first ones I now realise I can do it and although mine aren't as good and nice as yours I would rather try one myself than buy someone elses.
But like John & Dougster said its no prolem with your sheaths because like I said they are a lovely bit of kit. Don't take it to heart mate!

Oh I'm not upset Greg:D I actually wondered if perhaps it might be something to do with all the furore about knife crime at the moment but then again, I think everyone is having to think twice about where they spend their disposable income these days.

Also, I think you're probably correct, that more folk are having a go for themselves, Now I really do like that:D It may seem a bit daft for me to want to inspire or encourage others to make things that I might have sold them otherwise but I really, honestly, do my stuff as a hobby. It's brilliant that I can sell some of my stuff because it allows me to try different ideas and materials etc, where before, I only ever used what I had to hand.

Thanks for the kind comments once again;)
all the best
R.B.

ecobandit

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
northumberland
really nice,good quality again rancid badger strange comment from GREG considering "MAVER" has eight for sale and already sold three(unless thats just marketing bovine excremant) personally I know which one I,m going to buy!please Email me at your earliest convenience so that we may discuss monetary renumeration ,cheers!

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Lovely sheaths RB, how easy is it to make a left hander for a Helle S80 ? and the cost. Just pricing up at the mo as i got to spend some cash on decorating the downstairs loo.:(
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE