Andys return

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Hey all,

Myself, gsfgaz and his son sean made a return trip to coldingham to visit andybysea for a wee chilled out trip down the cliff of doom been a while since ive been on the forum much or out and good to see andy back on his feet after his spell in hospital, and he certinly did not seem to have lost any fitness scaling the cliffside!

Anyway nothing but the usuall however was a full moon so the tide was a bit higher than usuall but added for some good banter round the fire with good company.

Andy setting up, had dug a shell scrap but changed his mind

IMGP1229 by stooboy, on Flickr

Cool poncho setup it was to

IMGP1240 by stooboy, on Flickr

Although maybes not quite that far from high tide!!

IMGP1249 by stooboy, on Flickr

IMGP1243 by stooboy, on Flickr

IMGP1248 by stooboy, on Flickr

IMGP1242 by stooboy, on Flickr

The waves were very impressive, apparently a 5 star surf day at eyemouth!

IMGP1236 by stooboy, on Flickr

IMGP1231 by stooboy, on Flickr

some edibles

IMGP1238 by stooboy, on Flickr

Then the usual round the fire banter

IMGP1251 by stooboy, on Flickr

IMGP1250 by stooboy, on Flickr

IMGP1255 by stooboy, on Flickr

IMGP1257 by stooboy, on Flickr

IMGP1261 by stooboy, on Flickr

IMGP1262 by stooboy, on Flickr

IMGP1265 by stooboy, on Flickr

IMGP1270 by stooboy, on Flickr

Anyway it was a good overnighter, fresh sea air good company.

Stoo.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cheer's Stoo(yes im alive) some good pics, enjoyed getting out again testing the old fitness levels, and looking forward to our long haul trek next week,im sure there will be a write up and pics to follow,cheer's to for Gaz and sean for joining us, good to get a bit of chill time although i did sleep with one eye open,what with the roar coming off the crashing waves,and the fact they ended up only a few feet from my head, glad i changed my bivi spot from the usual,otherwise id have got a tad damp.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I'm sorry I missed this one, though seeing how far up the shore that high tide is...

How was Gaz' singing this time?

Has it improved any?

Nice pics Stoo.

Liam

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
i thought you where deed liam? although andy said he got a reply from you! :p

gaz had his mp3 player and we where torturing andy to clanadonia bag pipes and drums :)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Liam you would have had a very rude awakening if you'd been in the scrape,in the same position as your last visit.

Oh yes ''the music'' most enjoyable FOR SOME!

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
i thought you where deed liam? although andy said he got a reply from you! :p

gaz had his mp3 player and we where torturing andy to clanadonia bag pipes and drums :)

I am now un-deed Stoo. I replied by PM not by a Clairvoyant though.

Canny beat the P's n D's Stoo.

Liam you would have had a very rude awakening if you'd been in the scrape,in the same position as your last visit.

Oh yes ''the music'' most enjoyable FOR SOME!

I was thinking of the placement of my last shellscrape when looking at those pics...

Google the Edinburgh Military Tattoo Andy, (now the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo) and watch for Amazing Grace by the massed bands and pipes and drums - Awesome! And for your consolation; Amazing grace was written by an Englishman mate.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That looks like a good weekend out :D

I was camping down the Gareloch with my Dad and my wee brother and his pal. We pitched on the foreshore just beside the old MOD base.
I woke up not long past midnight to find the tent door open (Niger) and my Dad sitting smoking his pipe watching the tide drift in. It was a dead flat calm of a night, big full moon.
He said that it must just be about to turn, but I checked the almanac and it had another hour and a bit to go. So, we just rolled up the wall on the seaward side, pulled the groundsheet over the boys and waited it out.
The tide came right in, stopped dead in the centre of the tent and just drifted away back out again. Levelled the floor off nicely :D
So we just rolled the groundsheet and the wall back down and went back to bed :D

I don't fancy our chances if the waves had been coming in like yours were :eek:

Glad to hear you're up and about Andy :)

Thanks for sharing the photos :D

cheers,
M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good stuff lads, looks like another good one was had

Not seen the tide up that high before, I bet it made a great soundtrack to the weekend.

Good to see you back on your feet again Andy

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Nice to see you up and about and out and about Andy.

Thanks for putting the pics up Stooboy... brings back some happy memories.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Good to see you up and back into things Andy.

Looks like another good Coldingham Chill out.

Those waves look great would have been good to catch a few of those at eyemouth. The tide does get up along way then and that spot looks so different to where we camped.
I suppose one good thing about getting damp is nothing catches fire!!!!!! lol

Thanks for posting Andy.

gsfgaz

Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Brilliant overniter , good to see Stoo and Andy again... the sea was amazing the wave's were nearly over Andy's bivy
great pics Stoo , yee cannie beat a bit 'i Clanadonia eh andy boy , wit a place ti have a few beers and chill oot,
my boy loves it up there he brought even more flint home this time ...
cheers guys for the great banter , good ti see Andy bhoy back again ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE