android foraging map tool?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

troyka

Forager
hi im looking for an app that i can map places i find with various resources, apple trees, hazel, berry, mushrooms ect...but cant find one, does one exist?

or are you a droid app maker? and fancy making one for the community?

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
google maps: create your own map and save it, dead easy (and free).

Your only downside is if you're out of coverage you'll have to cache the map tiles (store them for offline use).

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Locus- you can create categories such as tress etc, and record photo POIs, that have description, location an image etc

or possibly Evernote, you can create voice, image, drawing, text notes etc, that also have a location field which stores gps location
you can look at a map view of the notes, but not as easily as locus

Locus has a simply huge number of other functions, indispensable for outdoors use.

Al

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Hope you enjoy it
feel free to PM me with any questions you have about it, ive got quite a few tricks, i bought the pro version ( my first paid app)

Al

Cheers Neoaliphant, I had no idea about this app. Just installed it and will try it out on my next mooch

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE