And what's your other job?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

sez

Yeah, I know, I could trawl through the member lists, but that's far too obsessive for me, and besides, loads of people haven't put it in, so I was just wondering, what do you do for money?

Me? I'm on benefits at the moment. Working hard on my book, and I work at Game on a Sunday. Oh yeah, and I'm a mum, not a naturally tidy one either, so I find that job hard! :lol:

Sez

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I'm a domestic engineer........ aka a house-husband (maybe that should be house-significant-other as we are not married). lots of hoovering, cleaning etc... you get the idea :-D .My significant-other (a lurker to these forums) works for a local adult education authority (including teaching computer studies)...... we both love treking the brecons in our spare time.

Ed

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
I'm an occasional cartoonist, amongst other things. Or, as my business card puts it, "Charlatan, Humbug and Imitation Humorist."

Jack

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I work as a mechanical design engineer, designing bioscience lab instruments that will reduce the need for drugs testing on animals by automating alternative, labourious methods.

When I'm not doing that I'm usually out and about in the great outdoors as a hunter gatherer or mending the old land rover. Oh - and indulging the single malts given the chance :wink:

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I work on a corrigator in a cardboard box factory. Hell of a machine uses about 10 ton of paper an hour. Money's good. Its very noisy (110db) and dusty. I absolutley hate the place. Rather be out in the wilds with my dogs.
Looking at the local flora and fauna. I was watching a Grass Snake the other day untill one of dogs ran up and stood on it. It shot off into the grass at lightening speed never to be seen again.

Matt

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2003
I'm coming to the end of a BA in English Literature at the Univeristy of Reading...though I'll hopefully be starting a more outdoors orientated qualification next year. :-D

Degrorobogo

Sep 25, 2003
The Netherlands
Got a MSc in Forest and Naturemanagement and am currently employed as a policyadviser at the department of nature and landscape at one of the dutch provinces. In january I wil take up a PhD position at an agrigultural university in the field of applied philosophy.

I am a bushcraft instructor (Cheekey advertising), flintknapper and bowyer but also work as a Technical Computer support agent. (People phone me with computer problems)Hope to quit that job soon though and be an instructor full-time
How Ironic is it to have to extreme jobs like that!

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Hi Folks I'm the sales office manager for a Photographic wholesale company - we also do scopes and binos...
So basically i'm a slave to a the phone, fax and email stuck in an office 40 hours a week, wishing i was in the woods.
Rich

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Roving Rich said:
Hi Folks I'm the sales office manager for a Photographic wholesale company - we also do scopes and binos...
So basically i'm a slave to a the phone, fax and email stuck in an office 40 hours a week, wishing i was in the woods.
Rich

So it's 'not so Roving Rich' :mrgreen:

J

Jason

I'm a Creative and Marketing Director working for a couple of businesses.

ally

Forager
Oct 15, 2003
lincoln
hi all

i'm a single parent and (not with!) a frustrated bushy......

used to run bodyshops 'down south' before moving nr lincoln, then a short spell as a bin-man (locals hate outsiders so difficult to choose well!!)

had big meltdown and am now at college studying computing to try and set up a cottage industry that i can work around the kids

kids by the way already have the bug, sj (oldest) has done the kiddy fundemental and is currently in morocco and sam is on reserve list for next year

(just read above, kinda turned into a life story.........oooppppsss sorry) ally xxx :oops:

Dave Farrant

Forager
Apr 16, 2003
Lancashire
I'm a Medical Devices Salesman
But currently looking for a new position.
In the mean time I am Driving Trucks (Class 1 and 2)(That is the Big ones) to pay the Mortgage.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I am computer consultant, working in the Sun Microsystems Channel, thats Unix(£10k-£3m) and not the dark side(Micro$oft). To much driving, to many late nights, to much coffee if thats possible!! ;-)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE