,,and they're off...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
..tomorrow morning.
1x1200 Sporty,1x Superglide and 1x Bonneville.Tents on the back.Aiming towards the New Forest and Devon for the weekend.No routes planned and nothing booked.Panniers full of food and well trusted meths stoves.I've even left my folding chair off.(I know how to rough it :eek: I think the youngest bike is a teenager ;)
Wish us luck :D

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
Ah...the Bonny - now thats a Bonny Bike!

Well, were they _really_?

We thought so at the time, but they were just a tarted up Tiger 110 - twin carbs, slightly higher comp. ratio, straight(er) bars and a different paint job.

In those days (50's and 60's) British motorcycle manufacturers thought it was a ground breaking innovation just to introduce ball-ended levers on next year's model!

Jim

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
If it's any consolation,my Harley leaks oil far better than the Triumph.:D
I also have the disadvantage of having only 4 gears to their 5.Spoilt gits :D
The joy of the Harley with regards to the Triumph is that the U.S. lot over engineered everything.I'm riding with a huge weight of bolt threads that work.That's with all of the crappy chrome bits thrown away.:lmao:

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
A cracking weekend.We ended up in Exeter sleeping in the (I think the pub was called the 'Two Locks' or something.I need a tarp.

DSCI0012.jpg

exeter15.jpg

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
When I was an 'appo' in the late 50s we used to hoot with laughter if anyone came in on an old camel like a Harley! Gold Stars, Velo Venoms and T110s were de rigeur in those days.

Jim

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Cool just had a week touring Skye and Scotland. Got to say though we booked a cottage!!!!!!
Will stick some pic's up soon if anyone wants to see.......my bum's still a little sore....1800 miles in a week takes its toll damn seats too thin!
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE