An invitation to crafts people:

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Hello folks,I have been asked by the organisers of the Padstow steam rally in Cornwall to spread the word that they are looking for folk to show off their country craft skills,leather workers,bowyers,wood work ,pole lathes,hurdle makers,carvers etc,you dont need to be a pro,There is no fee for a pitch as long as you are demonstrating and you may sell your wares with no fee or percentage to be paid to the show,you also get a free pass for you and your family and camping is free for the duration of the show and i believe the day before and after ,Effectively a free holiday!,its a lovely place and the countryside and coastline is a sight to see,kids and dogs are welcome. There's tonnes to see and do and after the gates close in the evening its a hoot,an on site old English pub,and all the steam engines lit up and chuffing away,and more than a few interesting folk to chat to.
So if your interested or know anyone that might be please contact alan collings at : al.coll4@btinternet.com or have a look at the site : http://www.padstow-rally.co.uk/index.html

heres a link to my album from last year,click on the link to see more:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/9228131@N07/sets/72157645162522740/

ps i hope this was ok to post here.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think that sounds like a lot of fun :D

I worked at one event like that, I even have a brass plaque to prove it, for "Making a lovely exhibition of herself " :rolleyes: :D

Wish it were closer, I'd go :D

M

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
We have one outside of St Agnes as well; cracking rally. I'll have to venture up Padstow if there are more craft stalls. I can spend time watching makers for hours on end. Camping as well, sounds like a winner

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The organisers cherry pick the crafts folk, and most of us carry our own public liability insurance (usually £5m)
The crafts folks are responsible for both their actions and their goods, iimmc.

The Event will carry it's own Public Liability and Event insurances too, but I don't know where the dividing lines are re responsibility.

I am incredibly grateful that on the whole we don't live in a litigatious society; the fees would be extortionate with just a few claims. One such claim literally put the kybosh on Scout events for years.

M

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Nice one for posting that mate. I'm going to be offshore for it. :( gutted as I'm looking to do a few shows this year.

All the best
Andy

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
The organisers cherry pick the crafts folk, and most of us carry our own public liability insurance (usually £5m)
The crafts folks are responsible for both their actions and their goods, iimmc.

The Event will carry it's own Public Liability and Event insurances too, but I don't know where the dividing lines are re responsibility.

I am incredibly grateful that on the whole we don't live in a litigatious society; the fees would be extortionate with just a few claims. One such claim literally put the kybosh on Scout events for years.

M
Ok, that makes sense.

It's something that sticks in my mind ever since I was involved in a school trip where a child was hurt and the parents sued (even though they were there at the time).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE