An introduction - and an offer!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all - I've been a ghost on this site for ages and its become my "go to" place for kit reviews, ideas etc. Its made my outdoor experiences so much more worthwhile, and inspired me more often than I care to mention - from stopping me carrying a Leatherman as EDC, through taking my family rafting in Sweden to saving me a fortune on buying the wrong gear by modding other bits.

Anyway I woke up today thinking I ought to give something back and being short of "readies" had to put my thinking cap on. So here goes: since having to close down my Game Fair stall this year (2 herniated discs and lugging around marquees/ tables etc. not being a great combination) I've got some spare stock - amongst which I found a big box of mini-swiss army type knives branded for Jessops (must have been part of a promotion years ago). They're not the greatest quality knife in the world, though are serviceable, but are great for attaching to key rings, popping into emergency first aid pouches etc. and I've found them very useful over the years (I have one on every key ring - just cos I can!). Being a fisherman I use them for "snips" for example.

They have all the usual gubbins: tweezers, toothpick, scissors, tiddly little 4cm blade and nail file thingy. Closed length is 6cm or so. If anyone wants one/some (perhaps to a max of 3 per person) PM me your address and I'll send them out. No charge - but if you'd like to make a small contribution to this good forum then it t'wouldn't go amiss. Offer is available for as long as I can afford the postage fees!

ATB
Jim

Many thanks all - lots of little sharp things will be in tomorrow's post, but there's plenty left (I may have been slightly optimistic all those years ago when I bought the stock up!). Please do bear in mind that they are only little SAK wannabe's, probably Chinese made I guess, that were intended for an offer by Jessops years ago - don't plan on doing too much serious bushcrafting with them! (but what can you lose - they're free). Not to put too fine a point on it - if you are faced by an angry lynx you'd be better off hurling this at them and legging it than extracting the blade to try and make a stand of it!

ATB
Jim

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Welcome to the forum :D

I have those little Jessop's Swiss army knives….they're in first aid kits, my 'just going for a wander' bag, on the back door keyring, in my day pack and the like.
They're maybe not as sharp as the tiny wee spyderco, but they're pretty useful all the same :D

If you're still clearing stock, maybe have a word with the Boss, Tony. The shop at the Moot is pretty busy.

Toddy

Thanks Toddy - Tony has just been in touch and hope I can help! Sadly I can't make the Moot this year as I'm on the Klaraven in Sweden at the time (with 3 children and one not very outdoorsy wife on a raft adventure - seemed a good plan 6 months ago, when I still had a job!). Most of the stock I have left will probably go on Fleabay I guess: but the box full of knives won't be of course.
ATB
Jim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE