American Bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
On our playing ground in Berlin which was surrounded by many bushes every second boy was the son of an American soldier in the seventies.
I learned to throw the lasso when I was 4 or 5 years old.

And we later went a lot for camping with American boy scouts too, Brits and Frogs used to come as well like of course German Scout patrols did it.

A lot of my very first equipment was US Army surplus.

So I am quiet unsure if I am deep inside an American bushcrafter, even if I never managed to visit your continent.

;)

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Still here! What’s up folks?

Hello , .....what's up?
Moot cancelled :(
Wilderness gathering cancelled :(
Broke my foot ... walking cancelled:(

Seriously it's a bit of a strange year but we are mostly either bunkered down or slipping off into the hills or woods (feet allowing) for a bit of woods time.
How about you?

Reactions: ToddG

ToddG

Nov 4, 2008
Boston, MA USA
Mostly hunkered down...the classes I was going to teach have been canceled, we are "talking" about a local meetup for Buschraft USA in maybe october...have not really had a chance to get out an play much at all.
was actually looking at going to the Moot this year....I was a good boy so wife said I could

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Well if you keep on being a good boy it could be that we have a moot next summer that you could come to.
Personally with the way some covidiots are behaving , I think things may still be rather dodgy. Fingers toes and legs crossed.
Let's hope not!
I've had no real woods time at all this year.
Feeling a bit teed off with myself for breaking my foot just as things were getting easier, but being a bit of a touristy area maybe it is just aswell, as the only times I did get up into the woods they were heaving with strangers going for their walks,
Now the weather is getting crisper with autumn well on the way now perhaps in the next few weeks time when my foot is healed properly I can get out again and there will be a bit of peace and quiet when the grockles (tourists) go home!:)

ToddG

Nov 4, 2008
Boston, MA USA
I feel the same....if folks would try to be reasonable we could get out of this much quicker.
My foot is ok but we have two dogs that have both had surgery....need to get them healed up so we can do some adventures!

zornt

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio, USA
Another guy from Ohio here.
I live on the Ohio River so plenty of fishing etc.
There are several state parks close and several wildlife areas.
A nice one was the Egypt Valley area. Reclaimed strip mine area.
I will not go there any longer without body armor automatic weapons and lots of back up. Unfortunately meth cookers and weed growers love it too so they do nasty things.
Lastly I can step out of my front door and in a few minutes can walk in the footsteps of Boone Wetzel Zane and Tecumseh to drop a few names.
I also a member of BCUSA .
I check on here and there several times a day to see what's up.
Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE