Amateur Radio?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
Any of you Ladies or Gents practice this hobby?

I've been thinking of getting involved for the past two years, But don't know where to start.

I'm familiar with radio's, etc. I've got a pretty serious homebase CB system set up and have been using VHF Airband radios for as long as I can remember.

I just need a few technical questions answered before I deem it viable for me to buy the gear and then get my Foundation licence.

Thankyou.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yes quite a few on here are hams. This link will get you some info www.rsgb.org It's a link to the British amateur club. Preferably a British ham will be along to give you better advise than I can. There's also a few threads here on the forum.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hey homeguard

you are local, try the local ham radio club in Norwich for foundation info, there are a few of us in the local Norfolk group, you should come along to our meets about half of us are ham radio users, I have a HF set up at home which is portable, a lot better than CB, from the local farmers field I have worked

pm me if you need ask anything else

D

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE