Am I Mad ?...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
not wierd,just different.
I am at my happiest faffing in a canoe,wandering about the forests/mountains with a pack and meeting like minded types on my travels

My firsy purchase, post lotto win would be the biggest chuck of mixed forest i could find.
and then,move in!
tartan ferret,see howies.co.uk for the Tshirt! (no affiliation etc)

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Yes Ivan you are mad but that's got nothing to do with wanting to be out in the outdoors; its because you are a mentalist ,geography will not alter that my man
Unfortunately you are also

A genuinely great bloke and the very best of company so stop mithering and enjoy yourself

No I will not start a fan club

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Nothing makes me feel more alive than living and travelling in the wilder places with my pack, I just love it.

I yearn for it every day unless I'm there, which is most days TBH.

I've lived in and worked in central London for years and enjoyed it at the time but I honestly couldn't stand the thought of goin back to it now.

Not a clue if your mad, I feel the same way and I wonder myself sometimes :)

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
I think for me after being confied to either an office or various building sites 5 days a week it makes my wanting to get out in the solitude of nature a little stronger. I like to take as much time as I can to do so even if I can just get an hour here or there mid-week as well

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Oh hell yeah, surely if your in an Andes- type plane crash (god forbid!) then free range will be more tasty then battery!
I'll be eating the battery humans and working with the free-range ones on surviving :) It seems quite a few of the folk who live for the woodlands are those who are very limited in their (non?)reality roles to get natural contact. But then the ones who work in the countryside can't get enough either! Village life suits me, despite all its gossip and bickering, because theres the best of both worlds with solitary acres on the doorstep and a co-op to forage within the smell of a cows fart ;)

I don't think anyone on here is truely 'neurotypical'.... delight in the difference of not being a sheep :rolleyes:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I think your only sign of madness has been in the fact you went to live in suburbia for a while when you have the freedom of the moor everyday......

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im trying to think where I read about a study that said humans, whoever they are and whatever their background like mixed territory.

Which would make sense from the resources point of view.

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
Ya think you are mad? I moved from the UK to Canada to be closer to 'the woods'. Of course, having some pristine temperate rainforest at the end of my yard makes me extremely happy but like Drew, I think that 'normal' is only what is 'most common' and I don't really like what is 'most common' in society, especially the UK. Much, much different attitude out here on Vancouver Island and I'm far more at peace amongst the folks here. Booze is expensive and you will get busted with a fine for drinking in a public place but at least half the folks grow their own dope and you can smoke a fattie in public without a second glance.

Mad? I really don't think so. I reckon you stand out because you are one of the few well-adjusted folks in a mad, mad world. Check out the project from www.playagainfilm.com

Trippy.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well , thankyou ladies and gentlemen , some very good points and comments , it appears that i may be slightly mad ! But i am not alone , just returned from 5 days in the woods , and off agian today for a couple , very nice !

So to those poor souls , who are not as lucky as me and who can't get out as much as they would like , i apologise for moaning , but not posing the question.

Thanks ,from a very lucky slightly mad fellow , hope to see you in the woods one day .

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE