Am I in the wrong?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
The other day Porter my old boss david and i went out Rabitiing got about 20 and split them into 2 David took 10 Porter and I took the other 10.
The hotel were Porter worked had offered £1 a rabbit aslong as they were gutted.
Its now Wednesday and they have been kept in the freezer to my understanding. We still hadn't received the money and the head chef continually giving it "I havnt had the time to check them" Its simple connsidering they were 9 out of 10 head shots and the other one was in the heart and had been removed.
So i phoned him today, and after explaing who i was he answered"Look its in the middle of F***cking lunchtime...I havnt had the chance"
I said "You have had 4 or 5 days plus a kitchen of 4 or 5 staff,Right ill come and collect them and take them to the butcher he is offering a better price"

IMHO He is just taking the **** Sunday is a dead day at the hotel, he has already put them on the brasserie menu at something like £22 with the trimmings.
Any opinions?

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Never, ever phone a chef in the middle of service. And insist on payment on the barrel.

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
"Never, ever phone a chef in the middle of service"

I worked in that hotel for 6 months, first of 11:30 is not lunchtime, they only get around 9 people in and he has 3 other staff on not including his su chef.
Guessing you were a chef?

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
"Never, ever phone a chef in the middle of service"

I worked in that hotel for 6 months, first of 11:30 is not lunchtime, they only get around 9 people in and he has 3 other staff on not including his su chef.
Guessing you were a chef?

No, but I have known a fair few...

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
Go get them and next time ask for £5 a rabbit cash on delivery. Even though it's a quiet time in the restaurant the kitchen will still be getting ready for lunch and therefore the head chef (all slightly angry people at the best of times) will be a bit touchy.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
"Never, ever phone a chef in the middle of service. And insist on payment on the barrel."

So why are chefs special ? You receive goods you pay for goods... cant see the issue my self. I would just say they are no longer your goods then go collect them and sell them to the butcher and not do business with them again. Chefs can be a right bunch of pre Madonnas...

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Huh? Who said they were special? It's just a general point - don't phone people at work when they're likely to be extremely busy, as you're unlikely to receive a favourable response.

Besides, they do have large sharp knives... ;)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Wasnt pointing the finger gregorach ;)

I have had to deal with Chefs in the past and they can be a right pain in the *** as they think they have the right to scream and shout at people ala "Gordon Ramsey" :confused:

OOO this hit a nerve but i just cant stand people who dont pay for something they have received and when chased are just too "busy". Heart surgeon in the middle of an operation where some ones life is on the line fair enough....

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Huh? Who said they were special? It's just a general point - don't phone people at work when they're likely to be extremely busy, as you're unlikely to receive a favourable response.

Besides, they do have large sharp knives... ;)

In that case, they aren't the sort of people I'd like to associate myself with. As for big knives, i have a number of axes and a bloody big machete. two can play that game!

:naughty:

Go get your rabbits back, and never give stuff up front again until you can wholly trust the individual. He should have checked them as he put them in the freezer, 10 rabbits to check for signs of damage to the meat, wouldn't take more than a few minutes I guess.

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
9 out of 10 headshots and he won't pay up. Maybe he should wake up with a rabbits head on his pillow.

Go get your rabbits and as a debtor he doesn't get to choose when you chase him for money.

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
People like that need a really hard kick up the backside, as does Gordon (I'm nothing more than a common thug) Ramsay.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
The thing with Ramsay is that his recent programme had small bits where he was cooking at home. I much prefer this style of Gordon Ramsay, there really is no need for him to swear as much as he does and to belittle people so often.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Bunnies at a quid a time?

Nip over to France, buy some truffels at £50 a lb and sell them over here for £300 £400 a lb.

To be honest at a quid a time the dosh should have been on the table out of the petty cash tin.

lofthouse31

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 16, 2007
Wiltshire
well phone him at his busiest times without relent then, thorn in the side stuff, and never do business with him again, retell your story to others taking him rebbits, he mess you about times it by ten and throw it back at him.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE