Alternative uses for Old Jerry Cans.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I've got a few old Jerry cans. Thinking of tinkering an upcycling to some alternative projects.

Currently the list is :-

Drinks cabinet for Beach type BBQ's.
B-B-Q itself.
Blue tooth speaker abomination with big battery internal battery pack.

Any other suggestions?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Not off the top of my head, no, but if anyone nearby enough to pick it up wants it, I have an old Esso blue can like this....though mine is in better nick, this was just the first photo I could copy/paste

s-l400.jpg

Sorry, thread hi-jack :blush:

Thinking on it, could you not fit it out like a stove in a suitcase type set up ? a metal picnic basket kind of thing ?

• Love
Reactions: CLEM and TeeDee

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Not off the top of my head, no, but if anyone nearby enough to pick it up wants it, I have an old Esso blue can like this....though mine is in better nick, this was just the first photo I could copy/paste

s-l400.jpg

Thinking on it, could you not fit it out like a stove in a suitcase type set up ? a metal picnic basket kind of thing ?
There’s one on eBay in good nick for £75, might be worth your while getting a courier quote. I’d love it, having accidentally put in a double order of paraffin (32lt instead of 16lt and now looking at getting an old Valor blue flame or Aladdin heater.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
In a similar vein to the bluetooth abonimation I'd find a battery bank with inverter, 12v socket, USB, etc quite useful.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

s-l400.jpg

Thats what I'm thinking with the BBQ idea - maybe make it a Two section internal burn with one section capable of being removed to make a small Oven type area for doing bread.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Seen a few toolboxes in various permutations on the net.
From pretty impractical looking to not at all bad, none looked waterproof so in my eyes only good to store tools on the inside of a vehicle.

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE