Alpkit brewkit stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Just seen a review of this stove, which seems to be like a jetboil but retails at £35, anyone on here got one ?

Rob

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I got one of these not long after they came out. Very much like a jetboil just a bit bigger. In fact it feels more well made than a jetboil

Tonyuk

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
I've got one too. Really good for water. Food seems to stick a bit. Don't take the pot off and try and use it as a stove. the heat reflects and melts the plastic bottom part (Now how do I know that?:eek:)

Stamp

Forager
Aug 26, 2010
Swindon
It was working fine, I had it boiling up some water in the shed ready to put some willow bark in, I came back after a few minutes to it slumped to one side. I've heard this happening when using a pot other than the vented one provided but this was with the standard pot. I put it down to the enclosed environment, I the heat built up inside which started it to melt. It's been fine using outside until this happened.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
What are you planning to use the stove for? Its a good bit of bit but more like a portable gas-fired kettle really. There are better stoves for actually "cooking" on.

Tonyuk

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
What are you planning to use the stove for? Its a good bit of bit but more like a portable gas-fired kettle really. There are better stoves for actually "cooking" on.

Tonyuk

Hi Tony, I want one to keep in the van, so I can have a hot drink/food over the winter. I'm self employed & work outside, & would like to have a quick brew up when its cold.

Rob

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Hi Tony, I want one to keep in the van, so I can have a hot drink/food over the winter. I'm self employed & work outside, & would like to have a quick brew up when its cold.

Rob

Its definitely good for that haha. Look into getting a good thermos too, that way the hot water will keep longer and you don't need to get the stove out every time you want a cup. I would say the brukit can make at least 2 mugs of boiling water at a time

Tonyuk

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Finally got one today, as a prezzy from my good lady, so it will have its first outing on Friday, when I start a big fencing job.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE