All from the Veg Patch - Vegetarians turn away now!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Poor Peter rabbit, or was it flopsy, topsy, and cottontail?
(Is that right?... very long time since I read Beatrice Potter!)
The only things that eats my lettuce are slugs!
Bit of a mess clearing them out with an air rifle, and they don't make a good pie either!. :)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Don't get rabbit and slugs mixed up for your stew! It's state the obvious day at work so I'm just stuck in with mode today.

Having watched the Peter Rabbit film and suffered through the supposedly local Lakeland accent of the female human love interest and the taxi driver lady I think Beatrix potter has a lot to answer for!! Without her the torture of really poor, Hollywood accents of Northern characters would have one less and particularly bad example. I'm all for Hollywood putting English based films in America, Americanisation if you like, as a necessary evil to avoid really poor regional UK accents.

PS whilst -ice is a Latin derived word ending Ms Potter used the singular not plural ending, iirc, ending of -ix. Sorry I'm a pedantic curmudgeon

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Poor Peter rabbit, or was it flopsy, topsy, and cottontail?
(Is that right?... very long time since I read Beatrice Potter!)
The only things that eats my lettuce are slugs!
Bit of a mess clearing them out with an air rifle, and they don't make a good pie either!. :)

Last week, when the grandchildren were here, two rabbits shot out of the veg patch as we walked up to it, and the kids immediately started calling me Mr McGregor :)

Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail were the good ones; Peter was the naughty rabbit that 'ran straight away to Mr. McGregor's garden'

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE