All Arms bergen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Hi folks.

I brought this at a surplus store at the weekend for a tenner. I know it's called the All Arms bergen and wasn't that popular with the forces. Looks to me like a pretty reasonable bag for bushcrafting if not that good for carrying heavy loads for a long distance but I haven't tried it out yet.

Anyone else got one if so what do you think? Anyone any more info (who makes them etc)

DSCN1587.jpg

DSCN1593.jpg

Cheers,

Pablo.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I was issued one for over 5 years and did use it on many occasions. My only problem with it was the size, it was just too small!! So I "acquired" an infantry bergen which was more useful. My guys continued to use the Other Arms version with no problems whatsoever. I did like the fact that you could cover the straps for transport in a vehicle!! But then I wasn't called Kitmonster for just any reason!!!:D

Just noticed you only paid a tenner, that would make it a bargain regardless!!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Like Mike said for bushcraft its a bargain, but I would definately steer clear of tabbing any long distance, because of the design the weight of your gear isn't kept close to your body like a proper bergen ie the Infantry bergen. And this has caused alot of back problems in the past.

Matt Mallery

Jun 4, 2007
I have one and really like it. There are supposed to be two side pockets that attach to it but I have not located any.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
The issue PLCE side pockets fit on no problem and this will add approx another 1/3 to the capacity. I concur with everyones comments so far, bargain for a tenner, handy bit of kit just don't expect comfort over any distance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE