Alchemy Symbols

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I like to geek out a little every now and then and scrabble down a Rabbit hole - I'm not entirely sure what I was searching for when I came across this ( possibly cyphers ) but I'm glad I diverged. - I'm figuring a few others here may enjoy the meanings of these symbols of Alchemy.

Also possible to learn a few new things as well as admire the strange symbols.

alchem1.png

alchem2.jpg

alchem3.jpg

HARTSHORN

CERUSSE

REALGAR

PHILOSOPHERS SULPHUR

CINNABAR

Anyhooo - I found/find it interesting.

Reactions: zornt

zornt

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio, USA
I just may have to follow you down that rabbit hole.
I love this archaine stuff.
Had a friend who was a WICCAN Pristess and she dabbled into this sort of stuff.
Jon

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I don't know about the application in Wicca or anything else and I tend to have a rule not to mess around with other peoples belief systems.

However I do find it interesting that there was symbols and connections to elements I haven't heard of in common day parlance.

But then again I'm not very Chemistry minded.

Reactions: zornt

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't know about the application in Wicca or anything else and I tend to have a rule not to mess around with other peoples belief systems.

However I do find it interesting that there was symbols and connections to elements I haven't heard of in common day parlance.

But then again I'm not very Chemistry minded.

Words change across the years, and they do so between different languages too. But
∆ is always Fire, iimmc ? and the other way up is always Water.
Concepts tied to specifics rather than common parlance.

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE