Alan Wood, Woodlore

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi
Calling all Alan Wood Woodlore owners.
At the risk of being a right pain in the proverbial, is there any chance one of you kind Gents or Ladies could possibly let me know the dimensions as detailed as possible (I told you I risked being a pain) of your much sought after, highly desireable, three and a half year waiting list, embodiment of a craftsmans art.
I'm after doing a comparrison in dimensions between the AW / WS and the PB Bushman TZ's
Any help greatfully appreciated,
Thanks Tim

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Don't have any of these with me right now but hopefully these pics will help.
AW Woodlore (Maple)
WS Woodlore (Micarta)
WS Woodlore (Curly Birch)
SWC Woodlore clone (Curly Birch)
AW Woodlore (Damascus and snake wood)
IMG_6051.jpg

Beech Nut

Forager
Apr 27, 2006
Basingstoke
Tim

You could do far worse than look at woodland edge knives. They are in my opinion better made and feel nicer than the alan wood knife. Have a look here. Waiting time approx 4 weeks, and they have a new range of very nice woods in stock.

k006.jpg
alboina.jpg

sheath.jpg

Other than knowing the guys I have no affiliation with them and make nothing for the reccomendation.

Regards

Jon

Beech Nut said:
Tim

You could do far worse than look at woodland edge knives. They are in my opinion better made and feel nicer than the alan wood knife. Have a look here. Waiting time approx 4 weeks, and they have a new range of very nice woods in stock.

k006.jpg
alboina.jpg

sheath.jpg

Other than knowing the guys I have no affiliation with them and make nothing for the reccomendation.

Regards

Jon

Hi Jon
Thanks for the info but, I'm not really in the market for a new blade at the mo, I'm using a Paul Baker which suits me well, I was umming and arring about a new sheath with a stone pouch on it as per the woodlore one when I noticed that the one onsite did not fit the W/S knives and that set me to thinking about what the difference in dimenions was, and also how close my PB is to the AW woodlore.
Cheers Tim
PS darn nice looking knives though, perhaps a backup might be in order......... :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE