Alan Wood Woodlore with Stainless Damascus and Snakewood

Roefisher

Forager
Oct 15, 2005
The Roe Valley
Alan Wood Woodlore with Stainless Damascus and Snakewood which I’m selling because I don’t think I’ll outlive the Desert Ironwood one which I'm already using. It's brand new and as this isn't eBay the price is £350, now sold. I'll post it with Royal Mail Special Delivery which has insurance as well as a guaranteed delivery time. Here’s the full story,

Alan Wood Stainless Damascus Woodlore blade with Snakewood slabs and black fibre liners. Stainless pins and lanyard tube. Leather sheath with the Scandinavian swivel as well as the normal belt loop.

100_1460.jpg

100_1464.jpg

100_1468.jpg

100_1473.jpg

100_1462.jpg

100_1471.jpg

100_1476.jpg

100_1478.jpg

100_1481.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I so want that knife. I'm just posting this to say "I was lucky enough to see tthis and could have had it"

But I'll let some other lucky soul win it

Red

British Red said:
I so want that knife. I'm just posting this to say "I was lucky enough to see tthis and could have had it"

But I'll let some other lucky soul win it

Red

well its £150 cheaper than the Wilkinson sword RM std version on ebay recently :eek:

how do you sharpen the Scandi Grind with out loosing the pattern ???

Would love this knife to :D

Roefisher

Forager
Oct 15, 2005
The Roe Valley
FGYT said:
well its £150 cheaper than the Wilkinson sword RM std version on ebay recently :eek:

Cheers for the admiration fellas - she is now sold.

I shudder to think what this would fetch on eBay if even a production Wilkinson Sword knife was £150 more :lmao:

Mark

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Goodness me you have to be quick around here! Anyway, a truly beautiful knife.

Speaking as a very curious novice, I assume this is a knife you'd buy for the aesthetics of it, to collect (and possibly enjoy the monetary appreciation at some stage) and not to actually use out in the bush?

Also, serious question, will Alan Wood take orders at present for a more basic version of this knife?

Roefisher

Forager
Oct 15, 2005
The Roe Valley
mayfly said:
Goodness me you have to be quick around here! Anyway, a truly beautiful knife.

Speaking as a very curious novice, I assume this is a knife you'd buy for the aesthetics of it, to collect (and possibly enjoy the monetary appreciation at some stage) and not to actually use out in the bush?

Also, serious question, will Alan Wood take orders at present for a more basic version of this knife?

Hi Mayfly.

Here's a couple of answers as I see it. Yes this knife has a lot of appeal strictly on looks, but it is actually a user knife. I have one the exact same, only with Desert Ironwood and it gets it's share of cutting. And I know at least another again which is used every day and I would guess it'll be used where it's going shortly. So, yes - it can indeed be taken into the bush (or around the bush too, if that tickles your fancy :eek: )

In fact the stainless damascus may well make for a better user than the usual steels.

Alan has totally stopped taking orders at the moment. His order book was over two years long and he decided to call halt for a while.

Mark

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ill take it. If not too late, my fingers are quivering at the prospect.
Thankyou. if im fast and lucky enough
Dave

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Roefisher said:
Hi Mayfly.

Here's a couple of answers as I see it. Yes this knife has a lot of appeal strictly on looks, but it is actually a user knife. I have one the exact same, only with Desert Ironwood and it gets it's share of cutting. And I know at least another again which is used every day and I would guess it'll be used where it's going shortly. So, yes - it can indeed be taken into the bush (or around the bush too, if that tickles your fancy :eek: )

In fact the stainless damascus may well make for a better user than the usual steels.

Alan has totally stopped taking orders at the moment. His order book was over two years long and he decided to call halt for a while.

Mark

Interesting. Thanks. I'm now 100% sure I'd take and muck about with a knife like that anywhere - in, around or through the bush :D

As for orders, good for Alan, shame for me :( I realise his knives are somewhat iconic thanks to RMs success, and there are many other custom choices, but when you see pictures like this, I do think there is something special about his stuff that would have made it float to the top regardless. Anyway, well done to the lucky new owner, and on with the search...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE