Air Rifles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Which kind of air rifle do you prefer?

• Spring-piston

Votes: 226 57.4%
  • PCP (pre-charged pneumatic)

Votes: 146 37.1%
  • CO2 (carbon dioxide)

Votes: 22 5.6%

• Total voters

huntsmanbob

Jul 9, 2009
norwich
Heres a pic of my little puppy

Picture.jpg

BSA Super 10 mk2 carbine .22 flavour with a AGS Swat 30mm 4 - 16 x 56 .

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
Well, thanks to you lot, I'm googling like mad for a good shop here in Belgium - and it seems the favourite gonz are made by Diana - does anyone know them?

..and in my googling I discovered that for the first time since 1917, we have wild boar in our local woods..;)

this is my very favourite gun. i call it vera:

_MG_1125_2.jpg

i'm the one observing in the berghaus jacket

_MG_1119_2.jpg

she's sadly without legs at the minute, but i just need a bolt of the right size to fix the bipod at some point.

i think i'm repeating myself here, but it's a .22 BSA scorpion T-10 with 4-16x50 nikko-stirling gameking scope and weihrauch silencer.

edit: tranferred hosting to photobucket, twitpic apparently sucks.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset

26646850-461e5ee68c7b6f05e90aed4488a80e78.4a9aba59-full.jpg

26646759-d31ba596d6558f22ecda2a6f222e1af5.4a9aba7e-full.jpg

she's sadly without legs at the minute, but i just need a bolt of the right size to fix that at some point.

(i don't know if the host is stable, i might have to put them somewhere more secure if they disappear again)

BSA scorpion, great peice of kit.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I have my great grandfathers c 1913 underlever BSA in .177 with open sights for general plinking and I was lucky enough to acquire a FAC Stalker Rifles BSA super ten in .22 for squirells some years ago. These were hand built by Mr Adrian Hartley to his exacting standards. Looks similar to huntsmanbob's but with a longer barrel.
During the first foot and mouth outbreak a colleague and I managed some 600 squirells over that winter. I even dug a pit to put them in but we never got to bury them as charlie fox found this and saved us the bother.
I've not used the Stalker recently because my knees are not as good as they used to be! Recently though, I've seen some little grey furry activity nearby so will have a practice.
Now that's got me thinking!

Swyn.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

_MG_1125_2.jpg

_MG_1119_2.jpg

she's sadly without legs at the minute, but i just need a bolt of the right size to fix the bipod at some point.

i think i'm repeating myself here, but it's a .22 BSA scorpion T-10 with 4-16x50 nikko-stirling gameking scope and weihrauch silencer.

edit: tranferred hosting to photobucket, twitpic apparently sucks.

Hya Rob,

My BSA Superten wouldn't accept "normal" length bolts to allow me to affix a bipod / sling. So I stripped the action from the stock, drilled and affixed the bolt and then used a "Dremmel" to shorten the bolt to a very slight recess to allow the action back in. Seems strong enough ( I didn't have to remove too much bolt ) and has had a good couple of years work since, you having a synthetic stock should be even stronger. I would go easy with the "dremmel" though so as not to heat up what you're removing so causing potential heat damage to the stock.

Cheers
Goatboy.

hehe, nice solution. i'll bear that in mind when i get around to fixing it, although i'd rather keep everything as stock as possible- i don't even want to put camo tape on it, i'm going to buy a net when i get hunting rights somewhere. if there's no other way, i'd rather have the bipod than not, but i think i'll be able to find a bolt of the right size.

maximus otter

Sep 14, 2003
UK
I posted this a while ago on British Blades:

Commit to heart the 4 rules of gun safety:

The 1st Law of Gun Safety - The Gun Is Always Loaded!

The 2nd Law of Gun Safety - Never Point A Gun At Something You're Not Prepared To Destroy!

The 3rd Law of Gun Safety - Always Be Sure Of Your Target And What Is Behind It!

The 4th Law of Gun Safety - Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Your Sights Are On The Target!

Practice long and carefully on paper targets before you even think about shooting at a live creature.

Save up every penny you possibly can for your rifle, then find another £50.

Buy a second-hand "springer." I can thoroughly recommend Weihrauch in your price bracket. I'd suggest an HW77 or HW80 in .177"

Make sure the rifle has been well-maintained; and not abused, neglected or butchered by some back-street "gun expert."

Buy top-quality pellets, not hardware store junk.

Iron sights will do fine to start with.

Buy a packet of 30mm "fluorescent" stick-on labels from Staples or WH Smith:

http://www.altecweb.com/home.asp?cat=OSAV32326-K&rf=frg

(30mm is a useful approximation of the size of the "vital zone" of a rabbit)

Zero your sights carefully.

Set up a target at, say, 50 feet. Using the exact kit you will use for hunting, and firing from the position you will use (prone, kneeling etc.), fire a slow, deliberate series of five shots at the target. Did they all hit the centre of the disc? Excellent. Move the target out 10 feet and try again.

As soon as even one pellet fails to hit the disc, you have discovered the maximum range at which you can shoot without taking the chance of maiming a living creature and condemning it to a slow, painful death.

Fire a series of shots at different ranges so that you can master the hold-over/hold-under for your particular rifle/pellet/hold combination.

Never overestimate your abilities: An animal can die a horrible death if you get cocky and think that you can shoot better than you are actually able to.

Remember an ancient Greek saying: "The boys throw stones at the frog in fun, but the frog dies in earnest."

Shoot safely!

m(aximus otter)

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Well, thanks to you lot, I'm googling like mad for a good shop here in Belgium - and it seems the favourite gonz are made by Diana - does anyone know them?

..and in my googling I discovered that for the first time since 1917, we have wild boar in our local woods..;)

Diana have been making air rifles for years, I used to have Diana-25, many years ago.

Google Weihrauch, they make excellent air rifles too.

Liam

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Diana are a very good make for air rifles.

their side levers are very good. quite large and heavy - but very good.

I think its the model 52 and "airking"

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Hi Everything Mac,

The Diana I remember using was ancient, and I'm sure it was a 25.
Solid built rifle, but too heavy for me when I was a youngster.

Wasn't the Airking/52 a modern version with the damper system(?) where the barrel and chamber etc all moved within the stock?

Liam

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Hi Everything Mac,

The Diana I remember using was ancient, and I'm sure it was a 25.
Solid built rifle, but too heavy for me when I was a youngster.

Wasn't the Airking/52 a modern version with the damper system(?) where the barrel and chamber etc all moved within the stock?

Liam

I have no idea mate - I just remember reading a few years back that they were pretty good guns although they were heavy.

a quick google:

http://gunmart.net/gun_review/diana_model_52_vs_diana_airking/

If i was looking for a springer- these would most likely be on top of my list.

all the best

andy

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
If i was going for a side lever i go back to a hw77(give mine the neighbours lad)but it was a great sturdy well made airgun and i had many a crow with it when i used to live on a farm,i just dont shoot anymore.Most accurate airgun i owned was a webley pcp i cant for the life of remember the model but it had a rotary mag, i could hit a fingernail sized target with that at 40yds.

Last edited:

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
If i was going for a side lever i go back to a hw77(give mine the neighbours lad)but it was a great sturdy well made airgun and i had many a crow with it when i used to live on a farm,i just dont shoot anymore.Most accurate airgun i owned was a webley pcp i cant for the life of remember the model but it had a rotary mag, i could hit a fingernail sized target with that at 40yds.

I think the only one they did was the raider 10.

the hw77 is an underlever ;)

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, i think you have one of the best gun's on the market. and one of the best guns to repair not that they go wrong. i also think that when you have a single shot gun people take there time and shoot better. just my 2p worth:)
I have an S400 in girly calibre and would highly recommend it, although if budget allowed, an S410 would be even better. :)

P1040452.jpg

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
I have recently bought an air rifle but I can't find which one it is.

It has stamped into the barrel 'Made In Spain' also 'ElGamo' it has a sticker on the barrel that says 'A.S.I. Statical .22 Recoilless system'
Also on the left hand side of the barrel just near the hinge is stamped 'Cal .22' and 'B13911'

Could you please help me to ID this rife.

19042010428.jpg

Last edited:

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB

That was the 54, good rifle but not as good as the TX200SR.
The 52 looked similar to the 54 with the side lever but was not "recoilless".

When the revolution comes....and there is scant water and no electricity..and we go into survival mode and we all wish we had shotguns and heavy weapons...the compressed air enthusiasts will have a few shots to use wisely...( unless they have a pump )..whereas the springer brigade who were prepared with a few tins of .22s
will inherit the earth and lots of bunnies. At that time a springer will still be a weapon for as long as you have pellets , but after a couple of days a compressed air gun will be a length of metal tube with a lump of wood at one end. ( good for kindling )

think on it :)

Barry

so buy a pump!! :rolleyes:

cheers,
wurz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE