Air Rifle, Titanium stove, Enzo knife, Grohmann knife, Silva compass

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Having a clear out.

dscf0841w.jpg

dscf0842s.jpg

Crosman 766 'American Classic' .177 air rifle.
Pump up pneumatic. Recoilless. Hardwood stock. Trigger shoe (removeable). Crossbolt safety catch. Nice basketweave leather sling by Price Western Leather. Variable power: 2 pumps for indoor shooting, the maximum 10 pumps should give about 10 ft lb, but I've not chronoed it to check. Used (it's over 30 years old...) but good working order. Stock dimensions suitable for the average 12 yr old, but quite usable for adults. AGS 4x40 scope and decent mounts. No licence needed but YOU MUST BE OVER 18 AND NOT A PROHIBITED PERSON, AND THERE IS NOW A SAFE STORAGE REQUIREMENT FOR AIRGUNS. You don't need a cabinet but if you don't take reasonable steps to secure it from children then you could be guilty of an offence.
£89 delivered in UK.

dscf0843g.jpg

Grohmann #1 Knife. Made in Canada. Factory model- not a second, not made from a kit. Boxed, unused, with sheath. Check out the Grohmann website. This design of knife (sometimes called a 'Yukon knife') has been the Canadian outdoorsman's choice for decades. The handle is highly ergonomic and secure in the hand. Regular grind, high carbon stainless blade, rosewood handle. MUST BE OVER 18.
£60 delivered in UK.

dscf0845a.jpg

Enzo Trapper. Made from kit. D2 steel, stabilised curly birch, red line spacers, has brass lined lanyard hole. Leather sheath, treated with hot beeswax ('cuir boilee') so rigid and secure. Used condition.
£60 delivered in UK.

dscf0847o.jpg

Titanium stove. Used condition. Too light for me to weigh accurately. Uses meths, or can burn hexamine/esbit fuel. I HAVE NEVER FOUND IT RELIABLE AS A METHS STOVE. It's not 'broken', but as a design it just doesn't work reliably. So I am selling this as a hexamine stove (which works very well), but the meths burner is included. Also a small meths bottle, but I may have to send this empty if meths not allowed in the post.
£10 delivered in UK.

dscf0848i.jpg

Silva Type 3. Luminous. Used but GWO.
£8 delivered.

Payment by paypal or cheque okay.

If you want anything please post on the thread first.

Pics not working - to follow!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
With hope, pics ...

Having a clear out.

dscf0841w.jpg

dscf0842s.jpg

Crosman 766 'American Classic' .177 air rifle.
Pump up pneumatic. Recoilless. Hardwood stock. Trigger shoe (removeable). Crossbolt safety catch. Nice basketweave leather sling by Price Western Leather. Variable power: 2 pumps for indoor shooting, the maximum 10 pumps should give about 10 ft lb, but I've not chronoed it to check. Used (it's over 30 years old...) but good working order. Stock dimensions suitable for the average 12 yr old, but quite usable for adults. AGS 4x40 scope and decent mounts. No licence needed but YOU MUST BE OVER 18 AND NOT A PROHIBITED PERSON, AND THERE IS NOW A SAFE STORAGE REQUIREMENT FOR AIRGUNS. You don't need a cabinet but if you don't take reasonable steps to secure it from children then you could be guilty of an offence.
£89 delivered in UK.

dscf0843g.jpg

Grohmann #1 Knife. Made in Canada. Factory model- not a second, not made from a kit. Boxed, unused, with sheath. Check out the Grohmann website. This design of knife (sometimes called a 'Yukon knife') has been the Canadian outdoorsman's choice for decades. The handle is highly ergonomic and secure in the hand. Regular grind, high carbon stainless blade, rosewood handle. MUST BE OVER 18.
£60 delivered in UK.

dscf0845a.jpg

Enzo Trapper. Made from kit. D2 steel, stabilised curly birch, red line spacers, has brass lined lanyard hole. Leather sheath, treated with hot beeswax ('cuir boilee') so rigid and secure. Used condition.
£60 delivered in UK.

dscf0847o.jpg

Titanium stove. Used condition. Too light for me to weigh accurately. Uses meths, or can burn hexamine/esbit fuel. I HAVE NEVER FOUND IT RELIABLE AS A METHS STOVE. It's not 'broken', but as a design it just doesn't work reliably. So I am selling this as a hexamine stove (which works very well), but the meths burner is included. Also a small meths bottle, but I may have to send this empty if meths not allowed in the post.
£10 delivered in UK.

dscf0848i.jpg

Silva Type 3. Luminous. Used but GWO.
£8 delivered.

Payment by paypal or cheque okay.

If you want anything please post on the thread first.

Pics not working - to follow!

Yay ~ they really didn't want to play ball :dunno:

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Working now. Give that man a cigar!!!

Forgot to add, the Enzo is also for sale to over-18s only. Obvious I know, but best to state it.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Silva now sold to Toby.

PRICE DROP ON THE CROSMAN 766 RIFLE AND SCOPE: now £75 delivered!!!!!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Bit of information...

The meths stove is the Vargo Triad XE IIRC. The bit in the middle is taken out for hexi burning. The pot supports / Stove legs are a nice design even if the meths set-up doesn't work as well as the owner thinks it should. It does work though apparently. I've heard of people using them ok.

To the OP -
Have you checked to see if it will burn meths as an open burner wiithout the central, removeable bit?? That is burn meths in the hexi burner set-up. Just an idea. Won'd be as efficient as a triad with jets though.

If you wanted a meths and hexi stove the Vargo Triad standard version can be turned upside down to burn a hexi tab I think. It is also a better meths burner than the XE. just don't burn a hexi with the stove the right way up as it could clog the jets in the meths burner. However it is too late for you this info as you have the XE and selling it. It will be a tough burner though.
Sorry, gear freak alert!! You had my interest with Titanium and stove but too many purchases I need to make before so can't take it off your hands.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Hi Paul, and your info is correct.

You can indeed use the stove as an open meths burner. I find it's not great for fuel economy and flames spill out around the pot, but it does work.

With the correct burner, I've had poor results and I know of others who have found the same thing.

On the plus side, it is rather well made, very light, and very stable for such a small stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE