Air Gun - Ed gun leshiy 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Sorry to jump on an old thread here, but did you get your hand on one @TeeDee ?

There now around the £2.5k mark depending on model- not sure how much they were at the time you posted this but they certainly seem to be holding value.

I keep looking at them and have to fight the urge of buying one, the changeable calibres and the ability to tune/ have under 12ftlb appeals to me.

I could well make a slot on the fac for one and have it in .35(the 9mm), and change the barrel to a .177 and use at 12ftlb for pest control.

I'm not sure how it would work if I added to my ticket and then decided to sell if it were to be set under the limit to someone as an 'air rifle' non fac.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

There now around the £2.5k mark depending on model- not sure how much they were at the time you posted this but they certainly seem to be holding value.

I keep looking at them and have to fight the urge of buying one, the changeable calibres and the ability to tune/ have under 12ftlb appeals to me.

I could well make a slot on the fac for one and have it in .35(the 9mm), and change the barrel to a .177 and use at 12ftlb for pest control.

I'm not sure how it would work if I added to my ticket and then decided to sell if it were to be set under the limit to someone as an 'air rifle' non fac.

No sorry Deca , I didn;t - life happened.

Reactions: Decacraft

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I still like it.

But the price?? Thats ALOT for an air rifle. regardless of what it can do in a small package.

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I still like it.

But the price?? Thats ALOT for an air rifle. regardless of what it can do in a small package.
Yes.....but it's beautiful
I am always amazed at how expensive air guns are vs firearms, but I would love one of these.

Sent from underground

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK

You cannot do that. Once it is FAC, it cannot be downgraded to non-FAC. You either sell it as FAC, or strip the non pressure bearing bits for parts to sell, and scrap the rest.

Reactions: Decacraft and gg012

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
You cannot do that. Once it is FAC, it cannot be downgraded to non-FAC. You either sell it as FAC, or strip the non pressure bearing bits for parts to sell, and scrap the rest.
True, but there is no reason that he cannot detune to 12ft lbs as long as gun remains on ticket as a firearm. I am not sure how it would work with respect to having the land cleared, unless he has an open ticket

But yes, he can't sell it as non-FAC if it was at any point a FAC firearm

Sent from underground

Reactions: Decacraft

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
That was exactly what I was unsure of- once it's fac is it always going to be, or would a proofing be required to classify as sub 12, but that pretty much answers my question.

However, its probably not a route I would go down, as my sub 12ftlb allows me on land that doesn't require a calibre rating, and I can use it on any farm or property with the owners permission (i only use it for rats and the odd rabbit currently)

My ticket is not yet open, until I have completed the DSC1 and have joined an appropriate syndicate or have permission to stalk (not that the leshiy would be of use for this anyway)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE