Air Gun - Ed gun leshiy 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Does anyone know much about the Ed Gun Leshiy 2 ?

Any seasoned and knowledgeable Airgunners out there that have views and opinions on it.

As an FAC holder i'm tempted by its short length , PCP function and unique profile.

I think if I was to purchase one I'd get it added to my FAC in.25 - Just wondering what people know of it as I've been away from Airguns in general for a while.

Shooting starts at 16 mins in.

Many Thanks

The Frightful

Apr 21, 2020
Essex
Not an experienced air gun shooter but have fired a few rounds through various weapons in my time. Unbelievable accuracy for what, for all intention purposes is a long pistol !

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not an experienced air gun shooter but have fired a few rounds through various weapons in my time. Unbelievable accuracy for what, for all intention purposes is a long pistol !

Yes, The one above is a FAC rated one ( 55 Foot Pounds ) I believe , as a FAC holder I like the idea of being able to have something super quiet , super powerful , accurate , very compact and also has the ability to change barrels ( at extra cost ) between various calibers.

Reactions: plastic-ninja

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yes, The one above is a FAC rated one ( 55 Foot Pounds ) I believe , as a FAC holder I like the idea of being able to have something super quiet , super powerful , accurate , very compact and also has the ability to change barrels ( at extra cost ) between various calibers.

How is it being classified for inclusion on a UK FAC? I presume it must be as a rifle as we're not allowed semi-automatic pistols?

I love the engineering of the thing and even the looks but I just couldn't justify one :( - it would be a lot lighter to go bunny hunting with than any of my rifles or even my air rifles!

Reactions: abilou

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
How is it being classified for inclusion on a UK FAC? I presume it must be as a rifle as we're not allowed semi-automatic pistols?

I love the engineering of the thing and even the looks but I just couldn't justify one :( - it would be a lot lighter to go bunny hunting with than any of my rifles or even my air rifles!

Its NOT a Air pistol - Air pistol have a top limit of 6 ftlbs energy , Air Rifles ( in the UK at least ) must be sub 12 ftlbs - In Spain as an example Air rifles are sold with a top limit of 18ftlbs as standard.

The Model available in the States I believe is unregulated UPTO 55ftlbs - So as a FAC holder I could obtain one at the 55ftlb if I have it added to my ticket.

You shoot Broc?

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon

Yes we are, you can own a 22 rim fire semi-auto long barrelled pistol if you have good reason (member of a target shooting club for example). But I also wondered if it would be classed as a pistol because that may affect where you can shoot it.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yes we are, you can own a 22 rim fire semi-auto long barrelled pistol if you have good reason (member of a target shooting club for example). But I also wondered if it would be classed as a pistol because that may affect where you can shoot it.

I'm out of date then. What's the definition of a pistol if a 'long barrelled' gun is classified as a pistol? I surrendered my Vostok .22 semi-auto years ago :(

You shoot Broc?

Yes. I used to do competition shooting but now only field shooting. I only have small bore rifles and a couple of shotguns. I won't stand in a line shooting driven birds but I'm happy to walk a hedge and rough shoot; sadly now without my spaniel. And I only shoot what I'm prepared to eat but that's my baseline; I've got no problem with other people shooting other stuff within the law and if there's good justification.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'm out of date then. What's the definition of a pistol if a 'long barrelled' gun is classified as a pistol? I surrendered my Vostok .22 semi-auto years ago :(

So I have one of these

gun.jpg

The total length must be 24" ( iirc ) , so the weird coat hangar thing add length, the Suppressor is fixed and in fact just a Shroud with no sound deadening ability. This is a GSG 1911 LBP ( Long Barreled Pistol ) in 22lr - Not the best out there but I like it.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Just looked at it on Airgun Heaven.com. Handsome beast compared to the Mk 1 and got rid of the silly karabiner to add more air. Great idea.
Savage price but does look like a precision piece of kit. I'd love to have an hour on the range with one. Looks like the Mk2 has made lots of improvements on Mk 1.
Found myself coveting one!
If you do get one please post a review on here.
Simon

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just looked at it on Airgun Heaven.com. Handsome beast compared to the Mk 1 and got rid of the silly karabiner to add more air. Great idea.
Savage price but does look like a precision piece of kit. I'd love to have an hour on the range with one. Looks like the Mk2 has made lots of improvements on Mk 1.
Found myself coveting one!
If you do get one please post a review on here.
Simon

Its a HEFTY investment for sure ( although I suspect it will hold it price well long term ) - it has I think everything I need in a Rifle , and I'm comparing that to Firearms as well - I'm still debating on putting a deposit down on one as there is quite a long waiting list but I am seriously tempted. Just need to get it added to my FAC.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
It can't be fired as a pistol. The air tank is in the stock and disconnects when the stock is folded. This makes it a rifle. You can own one without a FAC if it is sub 12ftLbs.

As for "semi-automatic", I don't understand the difference (yet) but this is classed as having a "self indexing magazine". Apparently this is different to semi-auto.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
It can't be fired as a pistol. The air tank is in the stock and disconnects when the stock is folded. This makes it a rifle. You can own one without a FAC if it is sub 12ftLbs.

As for "semi-automatic", I don't understand the difference (yet) but this is classed as having a "self indexing magazine". Apparently this is different to semi-auto.

I'm assuming on the Model 2 the magazine just rotates the cylinder once the but is opened to reload it. Thats how I'm thinking.

What are your thoughts on the rifle as a overall thing Nigel?

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
Hi
FAC air rifles don't really hold their value that well, just have a look on Gun trader or your local gunshop.
In my opinion unless you are using it for professional pest control i would look at the pre owned market .
Also being an FAC ar rifle you can't use it in as many places unless they are 'cleared' for FAC use.
Also have a look on the dedicated forums such as Airgun BBS for more info ,.25 has a very loopy trajectory but is ideal for close range work .
ATB
James

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi
FAC air rifles don't really hold their value that well, just have a look on Gun trader or your local gunshop.
In my opinion unless you are using it for professional pest control i would look at the pre owned market .
Also being an FAC ar rifle you can't use it in as many places unless they are 'cleared' for FAC use.
Also have a look on the dedicated forums such as Airgun BBS for more info ,.25 has a very loopy trajectory but is ideal for close range work .
ATB
James

Good point on it potentially losing money out the gate and investigating the pre-owned market.

Although I suspect for me this would be a buy once-hold forever affair.

Which calibre would you suggest as the optimal for this then?

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
Good point on it potentially losing money out the gate and investigating the pre-owned market.

Although I suspect for me this would be a buy once-hold forever affair.

Which calibre would you suggest as the optimal for this then?
Sorry for the delay as just seen your reply you ask what optimal calibre but that can depend upon what you want to use it for ,can you say what it is you want to do ?
ATB
James

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Sorry for the delay as just seen your reply you ask what optimal calibre but that can depend upon what you want to use it for ,can you say what it is you want to do ?
ATB
James

Take small game at distance - Squirrel, Rabbit , Pheasant, Duck.

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
.22 is probably the best,as a good range of different pellet weights can be sourced easily.However you mention game at distance and non FAC air is good for a max 40-45yds .If going longer distance then you are looking at FAC air or rimfire.
If FAC air then i would suggest .20/.22 or .25 as they can be driven at higher energies /velocities than .177 (max 20ish ftlbs).
Again have a look on some of the dedicated airgun forums for more pertinent info.

ATB
James

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
.22 is probably the best,as a good range of different pellet weights can be sourced easily.However you mention game at distance and non FAC air is good for a max 40-45yds .If going longer distance then you are looking at FAC air or rimfire.
If FAC air then i would suggest .20/.22 or .25 as they can be driven at higher energies /velocities than .177 (max 20ish ftlbs).
Again have a look on some of the dedicated airgun forums for more pertinent info.

ATB
James

Yep as my initial starting post. Thanks.

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
Yes looks like we've circled back:)
Just to revisit my original reply, FAC air guns do not really hold their value.So I would look at preowned, just in case FAC air does not meet your expectations.
Regards
James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE