Afternoon Paddle up the Stour - Suffolk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Picked up my new Nova Craft Bob Special yesterday, so when for a paddle this afternoon on the River Stour, not Paddled for about 15 years or so so this was just going to be a bimble.

I put in at Cattawade Picnic site, this is where the Stour turns tidal, past the gates just down stream to the picnic site, I started to paddle up stream to Flatford, passing many paddlers on the way, it was a nice paddle, nice and quite just interrupted by the odd paddler coming downstream, with a nod and a hello we slipped past each other, and the noise of the river started again,

At Flatford I stopped for a quick cuppa and a Banana before paddling back, an nice little Paddle only took a couple of hrs but a Great little paddle

DSCN0572.jpg DSCN0575.jpg DSCN0578.jpg

DSCN0579.jpg DSCN0580.jpg DSCN0583.jpg

DSCN0584.jpg DSCN0586.jpg DSCN0587.jpg

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Nice, I've scuba dived a bit in that Stour upriver of Flatford, nice area.

I went out on the Stour in Kent twice this past week (write up in progress), when I saw the topic, I wondered if it was the same Stour.

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE