Afternoon at Camp & A Young Magpie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Braidsta

Forager
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
500px.com
Morning all,

I think these posts are more suited to the Out and About section of the forum, mods please move any of my stuff making the place messy. Another (shorter!) journal entry here. Recently I've been more strict with setting aside time for getting to the woods, it's usually a weekend treat and I'd go for camping. Since I've started to gain more knowledge on the flora around me I find I can find a lot more enjoyment in the briefest of visits.
This afternoon out held some magic for me - I love magpies, and came across one on my way home that I believe was a young one learning to fly... distressed, exhausted, I don't know for sure. It's just a guess, so if anyone knows what was going on with it, I'd love to know... it makes an appearance towards the end of the vid, if someone with magpie knowledge could skip to it quick just to have a look, that'd be lovely!

[video=youtube;5ENjoLij29w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ENjoLij29w[/video]

Hope everyone gets out to their bits soon!

Brady

Braidsta

Forager
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
500px.com
A nice chap has enlightened me as to what was going on with the young magpie - it was learning to fly, with parents close by giving encouragement and food. Good to be learning!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE